Originally Posted by jfkid
I have a 24DL that was cut down to about 18.25” by the previous owner. They had cut it down and apparently lost interest. I found and had new front sight and rear peep attached to the receiver and the shotgun barrel reamed/tapped for choke tubes. It’s a great little gun if you want a small package. But the combo puts slugs very far above the 22mag poi. I don’t think I would ever cut down an original 24 inch barrel. I would install a peep. The little gun will shoot 1.75” groups at 100 yards with the hornady vmax 22mag loads.

If you add up the cost to have the modifications done and the lost value at resale you could probably afford to buy a Chiappa Double Badger that adds double triggers although is not as well finished in my opinion.

If you want lightweight and small, one of the single shot Rossi rifles in a pistol caliber (357, 44, 45) that were built on the .410 sized frame are dandy chopped down to 16.5” with a peep sight. Mine is 357 Rechambered to 357 Maximum. With a few old hot shot capsule loads, wadcutter, and nearly 35 rem level Max loads it can do a lot!

This causes excessive and faster muzzle jump, which makes the gun print excessively high. Recoil starts when the slug first moves.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.