Any of your choices would be a step up from what you have in regards to quality. I own and use Browning's in part to buying at factory cost but have bought Berettas "for my wife" so am pretty familiar with them too. I would pick either of these over the current Franchi guns as I feel the Franchi is presently an "economy/entry level" brand for Beretta and the cost differential is not enough for me to pick Franchi.

As for model, I prefer the field guns in either Beretta or Browning as the dimensions are a perfect fit for me. There is no difference in function between clays and field guns so either will break clays or kill birds with the limiting factor being the shooter. As a hunting gun, I'd lean toward the Beretta as they tend to be a little lighter than Browning, all else being equal. For primarily a target gun I prefer a Browning but it is not cast in stone. My wife is the opposite as we each look for different handling characteristics.

In target models, the Beretta 686 Sporting Clays models require little fitting while Browning's equivalent needs a fair bit of work.That is just me, I know others who are the opposite as well as those who shoot either style equally. There are some features available in the clay models not found in the field so that may be a factor in one's choice. I gravitated to Browning's due to early influences and economic advantages later on. If conditions had been different I probably would have gone in a different direction for main preference but the other would have still been held in high regard.

After a little thought, the Browning Cynergy is probably the best compromise as it comes close to the Beretta while keeping the Browning name. Maybe why I have three of them!:)

Last edited by woodmaster81; 08/06/20.