I went through this process with similar needs and some trial and error over the last 18 months. Currently, my favorite for clays shooting is my Browning Citori CXS. I think I read the CXS is an updated version of the Citori 325 Sporting guns. They are set up to shoot to point of aim as opposed to high like some target guns.They are reasonably priced compared to other options, don't have porting (in my experience, porting provides little recoil reduction for the increase in noise in a shotgun), have a great reputation for reliability, and good swing and balance for a clays gun. I prefer the cheaper CXS to the newer 725. I've put about 10,000 rounds through my CXS over the last year and so far really like it.

I also like the older Berettas of which I have two (two barrel set 28/410 Sporting and 12 field gun). I bought a newer Silver Pigeon Sporting on sale from Midway before the CXS and the fit and finish was terrible. The newer Beretta was so I bad I was afraid to sell it on here so I sold it at a local gun shop where the buyer could handle it. It was worse than some cheap Chinese and Turkish guns I've seen in that regard. Other newer Silver Pigeons I have seen have been the same. I also had a Blaser F16 and loved the handling and hit really well with the gun but got consistent light strikes and misfires. I called Blaser and they said to use different ammo. The problem was it happened with 5-6 brands of ammo for me. My friend has a newer one and has also been having some light strikes. I also looked at and researched older Browning Superposed and decided I preferred the Citori for several reasons.

For what you describe, I think a few good options to consider could include older Berettas or a Browning CXS or Lightning, Another gun to look at if you could find one at a good price would be the new production Winchester 101s. I had one I got really cheap. I didn't shoot it much, but it shot really well when I did.