This older man I know, about 77 now, has been deer hunting his whole life. He always goes to W. Virginia and Kentucky. He stopped going to PA. because according to him there are too many stupid people and azzholes now.

Anyway, this guy has been using the same Marlin 336 35 Rem all this time. Since the early 70's I'd say. He put a very low power scope on it some years ago, many years ago, because he has the same old eyes we all tend to get. The thing looks like it was dragged behind a truck, but it will still put 5 inside 2" at 100yrds.

He always shot Remington 200 grain. He says it's getting hard to find and expensive. He wants me to load for him. I figure a 200 grain Hornady RN, not sure what powder. Another thing is moving the adjustments on that scope that have been setting on that same spot for a decade and a half or more. Will they move, will they break, I don't know. I think it's an old Leupold, not sure.

He has been a still hunter all this time, and very successful at it. He says, "If you're sitting you are watching, not hunting." and, "If you can't kill it with a 30-30 or a 35 because it's too far, you're shooting not hunting."

Like I said, old, stubborn, set in his ways and opinions. No point of doing anything except just nod in agreement with him.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.