Looking at putting together my first custom build in 5.56. I have a threaded Aero Precision receiver set, trigger, parts kit, buffer tube, stock and grip so far. I'm planning on getting a standard 16" length barrel with a mid length gas setup. I'm also going to get a standard weight BCG.

With that said, does anyone have advice on gas block and buffer spring? If I have a 16" barrel and a min length gas setup, is it even worth messing with a variable gas block and alternative size spring combination? Excuse my ignorance as I've never fine tuned such a rifle.

Just for simplicity reasons, if the mid length gas setup takes care of any over gas, I would prefer to just do a basic low profile has block. If I went that route, what spring would you go with? Do any of these questions depend on choice of ammo. I was thinking of using fairly standard load 75 grain rounds if it matters.

I was planning on this weapon being for closer quarters out to around 200 yards urban sniping missions. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.