Rode in a '72 Chevelle SS with a 375-horse 396 driven by my uncle. We hit 160. I do not recall whether the car had more or not...that was back in the early 80s. I used to run my '68 Torino and my '76 Trans Am hard, hit 140 in them both based on what the tachometers were telling me.

In an aircraft, probably 550 or so in an airliner going from DFW to Frankfurt, Germany. One trip was memoable because we had a tailwind that got us to the destination about an hour early, but I don't recall which direction we were going. We may have achieved over 600 mph groundspeed, but I don't really know. Been back and forth to Germany a few times, plus a few flights across oceans while in the Navy.

On the water, only about 50. That's how fast my Sea Ray will go when trimmed just so-so. It's an 18-footer with a 135 horse Merc outboard. I really don't think I have the desire to go any faster on water, but I'd have been much more apt to do so in my 20s and 30s.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.