Originally Posted by acy
Originally Posted by RJM
I've had two Ford F-250s both bought used. First was a 96 purchased in 02 with 165K on it...7.3 motor. Sold it to a friend at 309K. Talked with him the other day and it now has 365K. He said he just had all the seals done...

Second and still driving is a 06 bought in 12 with 94K on it...just turned 215K and had the oil and EGR coolers replaced... No other issues with the motor...

If you don't mind driving something for a LONG time I would go new if you can swing it and keep everything as updated as possible especially the body if you live in a northern salt-zone. I have my body oiled with clean hydraulic fluid every year and have zero rust issues...

Bob

Bob, can you expand a bit on the hydraulic fluid treatment. Is it a business that does that for you? Sounds interesting. I wash the underside of my 2010 truck regularly during the winter, but am still
concerned about salt. I'd like to get at least another 10 years out of my truck. Thanks, Al

I would like to know more about the hydraulic fluid treatment also. I have thought about that before but I have no practical way to do it. It sounds like a great idea.