There have been enough reports of unsatisfactory experiences with Berger bullets that I won't use them for big game.
don't use them for targets, either, as the B.C. values don't match my hunting loads.

Any bullet will provide unsat results on occasion. SIL shot an antelope with a TTSX and partially disemboweled it. Although shot broadside, there was a 10" open wound on the far side, running from the ribs back. We don't know if a broken petal caused that or what, but it was a very dead antelope very quickly. We've used TTSX and LRX from .257 Roberts/100g TTSX to .300 WM//175g LRX for antelope, deer and elk and, other than that one antelope, have had nothing but positive results. Straight-down DRTs run right around 50% and no animal has gone more than a few steps after being hit with one.

AccuBond, AccuBond LR, Scirocco II, A-Frame and the no longer available North Fork bullets have all served us very well. SIL shot an antelope with a 30-06 and a 168g A-MAX at about 75 yards. Shredded a strap and a ham. Thin skinned bullets have their proponents - and they can have them. My own opinion is that the new Federal terminal Ascent bullets are, from a design standpoint, about as good as it gets. Worked up loads for my .280 Rem and 7mm RM and hope to use them for elk this fall. If they perform anything like the North Fork bullets, with which they share common design features of a mono rear and bonded front core, they should work very well, near and far.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.