Originally Posted by JamesJr
I want to weigh in here on what I'm finding this year about Brickseek and Walmart. For the past 3 years I've bought a bunch of stuff from Walmart on clearance using Brickseek's inventory checker, that includes guns, scopes, binos, rangefinders, trail cameras, among other deals. In almost every single occasion, if Brickseek showed it as being in inventory at a certain price, it was. I cannot tell you how many arguments I've had with Walmart employees who "knew for certain" that they did not have that item at that price, only to have them eat those words when they found that item, and I bought it. There were very few times when the item could not be located somewhere.

The only time that a gun was not found and purchased that I was looking for was when it was being held on a background check delay. In that case, it will show as being in stock, but you can't buy it unless the person fails the check, and the gun goes back in stock. I've had that happen several times to me, including today, and I am still pizzed at having drove that far and not been able to buy a $79 Remington 700.

However, this year, for whatever the reason, what Brickseek shows and what Walmart has, has not corresponded more than once. Yesterday I went to a store to buy one of those $79 Remingtons, which Brickseek showed was there. I had three different people look for it, and no one was able to find it, and the store firearm inventory did not show one, because they showed me.............at least it showed "0" in stock. This same store also had a Remington 700 ADL in 6.5 CM in stock, and Brickseek does not show it. They also had some of the Nikon Prostaff 5's that are clearance, yet Brickseek did not show those.

Also, I committed the unpardonable sin of calling a Walmart, where I knew the person in sportings good, and asking them if that Savage Axis for $49 that Brickseek showed there was in stock. I was told they had none, and knowing the person, I feel as if they told the truth. Maybe they didn't, but I'm not going to check it out. I'm just saying that I don't think Brickseek is always a 100% spot on, but I will still use it, and besides, I enjoy the thrill of the chase.

Brickseek is currently showing "limited stock" on Rem ADL in .223 w/scope for $79 at a Beaver Dam KY and Harrisburg IL Walmart and a ADL w/scope in 243 and .270 for $99 at the Harrisburg store too.