Home
Posted By: PaulBarnard Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Looks like some Savage Axis and Remington 770 deals. Not anything I want, but $160 for an Axis is a solid deal. Remember around the first of August anything that hasn't sold get the price cut in half. Are y'all seeing anything?
Posted By: H5farm Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
got any links or sku numbers this year??
Posted By: fuzzytail Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Been waiting for this to pop up. Slummy and Reney will be road tripping soon and info will be seen.....
I seriously doubt they have ANY guns left here. Them and Academy got wiped out quickly when the CV-19 scare first hit around here.
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
Been waiting for this to pop up. Slummy and Reney will be road tripping soon and info will be seen.....

I’m still pissed I missed out on one of those Nikon Digital SLR Cameras they had for $109. 😡
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Every rifle on clearance in central / southern KY is listed as "limited stock," which I assumes means if they actually have one, it is stuck in the back for the employees to get first dibs on...
Posted By: Oakster Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
They have changed the inventory process, so the inventory is much less accurate than it used to be. I am talking about the Brickseek inventory,not the Walmart inventory. Limited stock means 1 in the store. Go get it!
Posted By: BALLISTIK Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
What person of sound mind and body would want a savage or rem 770?
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by BALLISTIK

I'll take ALL of those "crap" Savage guns for cheap. They shoot just as well as guns that cost 6x their price, and I don't GAF what other people think about my gear.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Ever used a Savage rifle?
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Let the games begin again....
Lol!!!
Originally Posted by auk1124
Every rifle on clearance in central / southern KY is listed as "limited stock," which I assumes means if they actually have one, it is stuck in the back for the employees to get first dibs on...

Manager and ask to see the book to see if its been sold yet.

Never trust what the clerk says.

If that gun is in stock its yours.

Them employees layaway dont start till sept or oct IIRC.
IIRC employes can put em on layaway after their layaway perk date hits.
Us as customers cant put clearance items on layaway.

They try to play that hide away game till their employee layaway date on clearance items hits.

Dont listen to a clerk say its been sold.

Go over their head fast .
Make them show you in the book none are in stock.

I love fugging up tiny tims christmas .......

LOL!!!
Posted By: reivertom Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Guns are vanishing again around here. You'd think something bad was going to happen,
Seen the savage axis in wood stocks.

Do those models have the accutrigger???

Toss the scope, rings, and base,s on em.

Do some magic on that hardwood stock.
.308 one would be nice on clearance.

Might have ta go look around tommorow.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
After the clearance sales of the past two years, and Walmart cutting back on their firearm inventory, I doubt there’s going to be many bargains this year.
Originally Posted by reivertom
Guns are vanishing again around here. You'd think something bad was going to happen,

Something just might happen. You never can tell.
Posted By: ConradCA Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Wasn’t it the lies about George Floyd being murdered by the police and the subsequent riots?
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Sporting goods sloth....”brickseek is wrong”

Karen....”get me the manager”
Lol!!!

Their must be 25 different savage axis rifle.
The wood ones dont have accutrigger.

Be kinda interesting to buy a accutrigger syn stock and a xp wood stock both in .308 and see if they could be flipped out with some fitting.
Might be a semi interesting project.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by Hastings

I was 9 years old and mowing yards. Saved my money and got a Zebco 33 and a Savage SS (single shot) 30-30, break over Sears Roebuck and Co, $37 +.

10 years and a lot of bucks (deer) later, with a cheap 22 scope over the dovetails, I took my biggest whitetail ever, a 22 inch 11 pointer with an offhand shot to a white throat patch just above tall swamp grass 80 yards away.
Gonna need pics

ats de rules eh
Lol!!
IIRC
You scored 2 nikon monarch 3,s
You stayed with the clerk he said their were none and said the manager was gone.

I left, went to automotive I got on the phone like an employee
over their and called for a manager to automotive.
Then took the manager over to sporting goods.
Explained the whole situation and lo and behold the scopes were in stock.

Ruined another tiny tim christmas layaway scheme.

And that sporting goods clerk got all flustered and walked away while the manager did the transaction with you.

That clerk a big ole cock sticking outta his forehead before he walked away.

LMFAO!!!

Money talks...
Employee layaway date walks.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: g5m Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Walmarts around here are skimpy on guns and very little ammo of a type that I need.

But these times do bring back memories of Walmart advertising sales on Colt 6920's.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
The OP is raising money for BLM. Walmart is donating 100 million dollars to the BLM. Prop them up .
Posted By: EdM Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
So we now like Walmart???
Originally Posted by BobBrown
The OP is raising money for BLM. Walmart is donating 100 million dollars to the BLM. Prop them up .

Well you wouldn't want to interfere with Dem donations, would you? (Rhetorical question there).
I miss the good Ol’ days when you could walk in and out of Walmart in 20 minutes with a Colt 6920
Originally Posted by EdM

For clearance guns and certain scopes.
Your damm right some of us do.

Speaking of scopes.
Buncha guys last couple years were going coo coo for coco puffs
for leupolds on clearance.
Dunnno why........
Tasco and Simmons make comparable products
So does centerpoint I think too.

LOL!!!
Me and Angel just celebrated our 70th wedding anniversary, not sure if I can make it out to the walmarts.

We’ll be gassing up the Packard and driving to Tonopah in August to see the great grand kids. It’s’ amazing that I can drive and type shît on a computer. They call my Shaky at the range.
Originally Posted by H5farm
got any links or sku numbers this year??

Type in the item on sku finder on brickseek.
Lots of them axis rifle on clearance now like PB said .
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by renegade50
Lol!!!

Slummy own a Prius to shuttle around to all those Walmart’s?

Huge cash saving on gas...hint 😬😎
Originally Posted by slumlord
Me and Angel just celebrated our 70th wedding anniversary, not sure if I can make it out to the walmarts.

We’ll be gassing up the Packard and driving to Tonopah in August to see the great grand kids. It’s’ amazing that I can drive and type shît on a computer. They call my Shaky at the range.

All I'm thinking is ancient woody from toy story doing the six shooter cap gun draw on us at the 5 stand range.
Giving us the " I shot someone accidentally" rehersed safety manifesto ..

Fugging parrot tongueing the entire time...

LOL!!!
Lol!!
IIRC
You stayed with the clerk he said their were none and said the manager was gone.

And that sporting goods clerk got all flustered and walked away while the manager did the transaction with you.

LMFAO!!!

Money talks...

serious question: what type of employment can someone or keeps someone with a cock growing out their forehead?

after the first 1/2” wouldn’t you seek medical or cut it off yourself? Maybe if you had a friend like bam margera he’d help you saw it off?
Lol!!
IIRC

LMFAO!!!

Money talks...

serious question: what type of employment korea someone or keeps someone with a cock growing out their forehead?

after the first 1/2” wouldn’t you seek medical or cut it off yourself? Maybe if you had a friend like bam margera he’d help you saw it off?

I dont fughing know.....

Looks like a 3rd world issue to me.
New Delhi version of the coney island freak show maybe????

Gotta wash the cok sticking outta his forehead also.

LOL!!!!

All I'm thinking is ancient woody from toy story doing the six shooter cap gun draw on us at the 5 stand range.
Giving us the " I shot someone accidentally" rehersed safety manifesto ..

Fugging parrot tongueing the entire time...

LOL!!!
i bet he worked at Johns Manville for 31 years and then taught school for another 60 years. And now is an internet know it all.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Gonna need pics

ats de rules eh

PM me a Ph No, bro Slummer. smile

My brother paid, years later, to get the rack to a taxidermist for a shoulder mount.
Mama “did you wash your cock n balls”......

Patel...”jess”

Mama “and your other cock too ?”
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Lol!!!

Slummy own a Prius to shuttle around to all those Walmart’s?

Huge cash saving on gas...hint 😬😎

Sometimes we would roll in my ranger I had.
Sometimes in his cop car.

LOL!!!

The 04” is GTG again

We can do cannonball run to morganfield Ky in 42mins
Posted By: Beaver10 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
#Ren&Slummyrideagain.epic

😎
Mama “did you wash your cock n balls”......

Patel...”jess”

Mama “and your other cock too ?”

Patel....
LOL!!!
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I'll take ALL of those "crap" Savage guns for cheap. They shoot just as well as guns that cost 6x their price, and I don't GAF what other people think about my gear.

Originally Posted by Hastings

I almost bought a 10FP for my first 'tactical' rifle, but before I dropped the dough walmarx stopped selling rifles in my locale. Luckily for me, I started talking to precision rifles shooters and poking their minds. While they said that yes, savages are usually accurate, nothing on the rifle was of quality. I've held and cycled quite a few savages, and I could never get over the clunky, box of parts in a tin can, feeling of the savage action. After playing with a 700 in the same manner it was an obvious step up over the sloppy savage, plus I think their triggers are reeeetarded, and while I feel the same about the GLOCK triggers, I let them slide for their otherwise solid feel and proven reliability. I spent $300 more for my 700, but in the end I think I made the right choice.

Sadly, no one is defending the Rem 770, 783 or whatever the F(_)CK they call those turds now...
Posted By: shootem Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Finding new vendors for what I thought I needed to go Walmarting for. Lame white foke apology whine on the inside audio did it for me. They're giving $100 million to the BoweLMovement. "Now we gonna shove the legislation down they throats"..... "If they don't give us what we want we'll burn it down".....and statues, paintings, glasswork of Jesus should be destroyed. "Kill all white men". Al this has been on the big eye for me to see. And Squallmart whined out $100 mil.
Communist front and Walmart's no better. I'd rather just pay more. Even the vitamins and supplements are from Communist China along with everything else.

Daughter was in Bentonville with work a couple of years and we helped move what little she had out there. Did the tour of the old man's office, truck, gun, personal stuff, all that. Then rode by a couple of gated mansions. Gates don't stop terrorists and the more you give the more they demand. If gates are going to fall I wouldn't care if it is a Walton gate or two.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Originally Posted by EdM

Well yah!

I'm saving up for a 783!
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I'm saving up for a 783!

Good for you, Sport!
Originally Posted by shootem
Finding new vendors for what I thought I needed to go Walmarting for. Lame white foke apology whine on the inside audio did it for me. They're giving $100 million to the BoweLMovement. "Now we gonna shove the legislation down they throats"..... "If they don't give us what we want we'll burn it down".....and statues, paintings, glasswork of Jesus should be destroyed. "Kill all white men". Al this has been on the big eye for me to see. And Squallmart whined out $100 mil.
Communist front and Walmart's no better. I'd rather just pay more. Even the vitamins and supplements are from Communist China along with everything else.

Daughter was in Bentonville with work a couple of years and we helped move what little she had out there. Did the tour of the old man's office, truck, gun, personal stuff, all that. Then rode by a couple of gated mansions. Gates don't stop terrorists and the more you give the more they demand. If gates are going to fall I wouldn't care if it is a Walton gate or two.

A fellow I knew was a tool rep. He had multiple lines he repped and one of the US companies came out with a very nice set of tools. He was very impressed and took it to a buyer for Walmart in the hopes they would buy it. The buyer asked if he could have it for a few weeks to have it looked at by the corporate people. About six weeks later the rep was called and told he could pick up the samples and he looked around the wally store and saw the duplicate sets already there, copies, made in China.

I'm saving up for a 783!

Good, it might take a few months to get there, but you'll get it. When you do be sure to give us a range report and show how accurate it is, so as to snub those who spend more than a day's wage on a rifle. laugh
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20

They try to play that hide away game till their employee layaway date on clearance items hits.

LOL!!!

Lol! smile
Posted By: Armednfree Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20

As I see it a donor action.

I'm saving up for a 783!

Good, it might take a few months to get there, but you'll get it. When you do be sure to give us a range report and show how accurate it is, so as to snub those who spend more than a day's wage on a rifle. laugh

LOL
Originally Posted by shootem

Walmart made their choice . Fugg em .

Happy Trails

Bob

I'm saving up for a 783!

Good for you, Sport!

Thanks??? LOL

I'm saving up for a 783!

Good for you, Sport!

Thanks??? LOL

You’re about 1/3 Libertarian

Happy Trails

Bob
Hey, for the real members.... Any rimfire rifle deals?

My thoughts as well.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I miss the good Ol’ days when you could walk in and out of Walmart in 20 minutes with a Colt 6920
Around here it would take 20 minutes just to get some retard back there to go get you the gun. Then 20 minutes later they'd come back and say they were out and you couldn't have the one in the case. Then you could repeat with the DPMS Sportical.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Around here it would take 20 minutes just to get some retard back there to go get you the gun. Then 20 minutes later they'd come back and say they were out and you couldn't have the one in the case. Then you could repeat with the DPMS Sportical.

I bought quite a few guns from them on the clearance sales of the past few years, and for the most part, didn't have any trouble whatsoever. There was the laze employee here and there that didn't want to look for something, but I was pretty much pleased with them.
Mirrors my experience in WY, ID, and MT.
Originally Posted by EdM

I don't think anyone "likes" Walmart. They suck, but there are deals to be had. Like good deals. So if we can bleed them, why wouldn't we? If rifles or scopes or bino's are half or even 3/4 off retail why not grab them up?

Unless of course we're all making 400k a year in retirement like you...
Originally Posted by JamesJr

I bought quite a few guns from them on the clearance sales of the past few years, and for the most part, didn't have any trouble whatsoever. There was the laze employee here and there that didn't want to look for something, but I was pretty much pleased with them.

I had the opposite experience the last few years. Employees were always willing to help. I bought 6 Weatherby Vanguards (2 synthetic and 4 wood stocked) and a couple of 870's two years ago and an 1100 20 ga last year as well as 3 pair of Leopold Bino's two years ago (50 bucks a pair!) and the employees never tried to hide anything. And this was from 5 or 6 different Walmarts in the area.

The store I saw them in was Galliano LA. They had about 8 guns on clearance. Two were wood stocked Axis. They were higher in price than the plastic stocked ones. Still under $200.

I didn't see any at that one store. I don't travel past all the rural stores that have guns anymore, so I that's probably the extent of my scouting report for this year.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20

It's not just great clearance prices at Walmart, either. BrickSeek covers clearance priced items at several other stores, too. I bought a new base model gas grill a couple of years ago from Lowe's via BrickSeek for less than $30. Original retail was about $120 +/- .
Posted By: deflave Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Haven't bought a Remington in 30 years...
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The store I saw them in was Galliano LA. They had about 8 guns on clearance. Two were wood stocked Axis. They were higher in price than the plastic stocked ones. Still under $200.

I been watching some videos on shou sugi ban wood burning.
Interesting ....
Might go for it.
Couple hardwood stocked .308,s around per brick seek for 260 here
aint seeing em for less.
Dunno if I should throw the dice and keep an eye on em for more reduction.
The trigger on the plain axis can be improved to around 3pds from what I been google fu,ing also

I just dunno know if I wanta drop the hammer and do it.
Man what you waiting for!!!!

You know that if you second guess yourself you going to be upset all day long.

Ok maybe just s few hours. whistle
I'd wait until the price is cut in half, then be ready to jump.
I'd wait until the price is cut in half, then be ready to jump.

Kinda what Im thinking

130 140 bucks for one would be great.

They did have the Savage A-17 on clearance for $99.00. They are listed Out of Stock.

I didn't see any at that one store. I don't travel past all the rural stores that have guns anymore, so I that's probably the extent of my scouting report for this year.

Just two stores in my circuit this year which is fine by me. Wouldn't mind a $100 22 though.
A 700 223 here for $290.
Walmart savage axis not the same one as mom and pop LGS. They are made at a different plant, at night, by Down Syndrome union machinists.

mom and pop’s are better, worth $250 more
Posted By: JoeBob Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
I know the Axis may shoot and all, but it looks and feels like a dog turd.
The ones at mom and pop don’t feel like a dog turd, they handle like a prom night virgin
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
The ones at mom and pop don’t feel like a dog turd, they handle like a prom night virgin

Them buying them at Walmart, then just putting them out on their rack makes them 3 times more valuable...........
A 700 223 here for $290.

Claims all clearance firearms are on the rack. Axis 243, a few wood Axis, an Axis XT or such heavy in 223. Blah.
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

Them buying them at Walmart, then just putting them out on their rack makes them 3 times more valuable...........

Blasphemy,,,,,!!!!!!!That doesn’t happen....

And neither does Fat Freddie the fireman, on city hours, go stand in line with his brother in law to get Walmart ammo for his family’s LGS.
Rotella T6 5W-40 2.5 gallon $30! LOL

Was a friggin 3 hour ordeal when I bought one of those clearance 1187 20 gauges last year. Almost wasn’t worth the Fuqking hassle! 😡
5.56 62gr HP 2000 round buckets $440

IN MY DREAMS!

Well thanks fella’s...

I just picked up a couple of the last 700 ADL w/scope 223’s here in Kansas City.

I’m not sure what I’ll build off them yet - probably a 204 ruger... I already have trigger tech triggers, but once I blue print them I’ll likely have to get new barrels given I’ll probably have to re-cut the threads.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Well thanks fella’s...

I just picked up a couple of the last 700 ADL w/scope 223’s here in Kansas City.

I’m not sure what I’ll build off them yet - probably a 204 ruger... I already have trigger tech triggers, but once I blue print them I’ll likely have to get new barrels given I’ll probably have to re-cut the threads.

Good. It's all about keeping the economy flowing.
Posted By: fester Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20

I have a bud that has one of those cheap rifles and it shoots factory .30-06 federal ammo in a nice tight touching clover
leaf group at 125+ yards.... not bad imho.......
Originally Posted by fester

I have a bud that has one of those cheap rifles and it shoots factory .30-06 federal ammo in a nice tight touching clover

My sons cheap Savage 30-06 will do that with blue box Federal and a nice 1" with Fusion.
No stock bedding or trigger work. Just a old Weaver scope I had laying around for years on it.
Originally Posted by fester

It took me a while to get on the bandwagon. I watched my brother buy a couple 243's for his kids, then a 30-06 for his oldest boy, then a 223 just for kicks, all the bottom-of-the-barrel Savages, and ALL shot better than my Remingtons and Rugers. So I got one. It shot great. I got another. Same. In fact, a cheap Savage with a cheap Savage action, stock, barrel shoots the same 1/4" groups as a target gun my father gave me, with a target stock, target action, and target barrel. That target gun cost enough to buy several Savages. And when I shoot out a barrel, I can easily buy another and swap them myself, with a simple vice and wrench, using a headspace gauge. I now own several. Savage Axis are a tinkerer's dream, if a guy wants to pursue them, or they are just a cheap yet great shooter if a guy wants that. They have downsides that are real, but all guns do.
Posted By: RAS Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
I bought one of those 1187s in 20 gauge last year. It came with the youth stock. I mounted a Burris FF 3 on it and got a Primos turkey choke. It’s my boys official turkey shotgun now. The whole entire package was brand new and done for less than $450. Patterns very well to 40.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Walmart by my house has Henry Goldenboy 357 magnum rifles for $575, thats $200 off regular price. Those should sell fast.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20

If we had a Walmart I might actually consider wallowing in with the pigs for a deal like that.

Snagged 9 gallons at Napa last week for $20/gallon. Not a bad deal.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/02/20
Wouldn't want a Savage Axis. Pretty much any model 10, 110, 11, 111 or 16, 116 is a decent rifle.
It would be a good cheap gun to hand over to the game warden, instead on one of my daddy’s inheritance baby .222 he gave me.
Originally Posted by Jericho
Walmart by my house has Henry Goldenboy 357 magnum rifles for $575, thats $200 off regular price. Those should sell fast.

I knew the Golden Boy rifles were going to make the closeout. They'll be $299 come August.
I’d take a GB in .357 for $299!

P
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by SamOlson

If we had a Walmart I might actually consider wallowing in with the pigs for a deal like that.

Snagged 9 gallons at Napa last week for $20/gallon. Not a bad deal.

Hell of a fine price and it goes in my motorcycle but, but, but, for a change I just don't need it right now. Bet I end up checking next time I am in Helena! LOL

Generally I have been Pro-Walmart as out trucking they were a standard.... But, our Helena one has so damned many corrals set up to heard the masked hords through, two entrances closed, reduced hours... About pisses me off to go there currently. Winco is getting 95% of my grocery money now anyways.
Posted By: tscott Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/03/20
Bought a Walmart Savage $198, .243.... cheapest plastic stock ever.... I stuffed it with Walmart bags.
Shoots terrific! Great deal.....
Posted By: rcbergs Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/03/20
The local Walmart here has a couple of the Savage Axis on clearance for $260. Wood/blue models in 30-06 and .270. Marked down from $347.
Federal Powershok .270WIN 20 Rounds 130gr

I just cleared out the last ten boxes they had for $4.50 a box

https://brickseek.com/deal/federal-powershok-270win-20-rounds/271526
Posted By: 57springer Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/03/20
Originally Posted by Sasha_and_Abby
Federal Powershok .270WIN 20 Rounds 130gr

I just cleared out the last ten boxes they had for $4.50 a box

https://brickseek.com/deal/federal-powershok-270win-20-rounds/271526

That was a real buy !
Posted By: Hubert Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/03/20
I got a savage axis for$198.00 in 308.. I really like it. it fits where I wanted it to...
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/03/20
This reminds me I've got an 1187 12gauge still NIB that I picked up last year. Wished it was a 20 gauge youth for my kids but took the 12 because that's what they had. Still have a vanguard 243 and 270 too.

Bb
Posted By: okie Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/04/20
M 700 223 ADL @ $290 made it to my shop.....donor rifle for sure. The Salvages I saw are down to $190...
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20
The WM closest to me has the plastic stock Axis on sale for $175 in 223, 22-250, 243, 270, 308, and 30-06. Interestingly, the next closest MW, within 5 miles of the first, has the same rifles listed for $196.
Posted By: windridge Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20

Just like they did with 22 ammo. Managers are in on it.
Posted By: las Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20

MY MAN! I like your thinking. I don't like Savages, but they do shoot!

Long story (obligation) , but I wound up with a Wally 770 special myself. POS and heavy, but MOA. Surprised me! I gave it to my son to use, after replacing the no-name scope on it with a proven Tasco WC 6X. I don't think he will ever hunt again, so I may ask for it back, put no-name back on it, sell it, invest the money in concrete block..... smile
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20
Originally Posted by windridge

Just like they did with 22 ammo. Managers are in on it.

Schitt dont even make to the floor sometimes.
But gets rung up at the register all proper like for inventory purpose,s.
Posted By: Gus Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20
i'm on the hunt for some of the .270 win now. can shoot a lot of deer for that price.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20
So anybody having any luck yet? I'm been trying for some laptops supposedly limited stock at one of the local stores, but nobody can seem to find any of them. They're either stashed, or the inept bastards let them walk out the door. Stock controls seem not to be as stringent on electronics as they are for firearms.............
Posted By: Bull64 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20
Same story over here in W Tennfrica.Good luck with your search...
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20
So anybody having any luck yet? I'm been trying for some laptops supposedly limited stock at one of the local stores, but nobody can seem to find any of them. They're either stashed, or the inept bastards let them walk out the door. Stock controls seem not to be as stringent on electronics as they are for firearms.............

I was told that most of those ads for the laptops were several years old. I know for a fact that dexter clearance is still running the same ads as they were last year.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/05/20

Best to have the SKU numbers and such specifics as shown on BrickSeek with you when shopping clearance items.

Another thing is clearance items on BrickSeek may be display models when listed as "Limited Stock" and also they may not always be able to find the original packaging and all extras that are normally included.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20

I was told that most of those ads for the laptops were several years old. I know for a fact that dexter clearance is still running the same ads as they were last year.

Thing is, the scanner actually at the Walmart still shows them in inventory........... but nobody can find them............
The lowest I saw any of the Savages at our store was 260.000 Keeping my eyes peeled in case they take another cut.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20
No. But last fall I was facing a failing laptop and no funds for a good one. So I got this little 13" Lenovo with a SSD. Some bitch it fires up in like 45 seconds and actually stays charged for long enough to be useful. All for like $260ish. . Thank you Walmart. The end.
Posted By: hanco Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20
Haven’t been to a Walmart in 20 years.
Posted By: antlers Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20
Cue Slumlord.
Originally Posted by hanco

Does the wife go to Walmart?
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20
My local Walmart is showing it has the Axis in stock for $175 (223, 308 & 30-06)
I saw some ammo a few days ago. Didn’t think I needed any but maybe I do now.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20

Thing is, the scanner actually at the Walmart still shows them in inventory........... but nobody can find them............

Brickseek shows some $5 SD cards at one of the local Walmarts. I thought I'd pick some up for my trail cameras, and went to get them. Their scanner says they had some, but nobody could find them. Same thing happened last year with a trail camera. They say that shoplifting is usually the reason an item shows as being there, but isn't. I don't really buy that, and actually told one employee that I figured they were hiding the items for their friends. He got all pizzy, and said that an employee would be fired if caught doing that. The key word there is............"caught."
Posted By: deflave Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20
Sounds like another nail biter coming from The Chronicles of James.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20

Brickseek shows some $5 SD cards at one of the local Walmarts. I thought I'd pick some up for my trail cameras, and went to get them. Their scanner says they had some, but nobody could find them. Same thing happened last year with a trail camera. They say that shoplifting is usually the reason an item shows as being there, but isn't. I don't really buy that, and actually told one employee that I figured they were hiding the items for their friends. He got all pizzy, and said that an employee would be fired if caught doing that. The key word there is............"caught."

I could maybe see SD cards walking out the door, but not expensive laptops, or a 32 inch Samsung monitor (shown in stock, but NOBODY could find it, either).
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20

I could maybe see SD cards walking out the door, but not expensive laptops, or a 32 inch Samsung monitor (shown in stock, but NOBODY could find it, either).

Unless instead of the front door they went out the back door.

Again, too, though, sometimes something may be a display item that shows up as in stock but not shown as such on inventory records.

Posted By: fgold767 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20
Yes those big tv's can walk out the door.....watched local PD taking in a guy who had 7, yes 7, 40" or larger tv's in his van.....he made the rounds of at least 5 wally world's and just walked out...these guys knew he was coming and grabbed him as he walked out the door.
Posted By: BKinSD Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/06/20
Thanks for the heads up. I scored an Axis in .223, camo and scope for $290. Make a great Christmas present.
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Thanks for the heads up. I scored an Axis in .223, camo and scope for $290. Make a great Christmas present.

Someone will be happy. Good going.
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/08/20
Yep. I purchased a Axis 223 for $175 today. Cheap gun but should make a good “truck gun”.
Posted By: natman Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/09/20
Looks like some Savage Axis and Remington 770 deals. Not anything I want, but $160 for an Axis is a solid deal. Remember around the first of August anything that hasn't sold get the price cut in half. Are y'all seeing anything?

That's a good price for an Axis if you're in the market for that type of rifle. I wouldn't own a Remington 770 if they gave me $160 to take it. Sorriest excuse for a rifle ever made as a commercial offering.
Got 10 boxes of the 270's for 47.70!
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/09/20

I haven’t been in 35 years. And we wonder why China has so much influence .....

I don't think the Savage guns and the Federal ammo people are buying in these closeouts are made in China. But since you seem to have a handle on this, do you mind telling me where you do your China free shopping?
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/09/20

I don't think the Savage guns and the Federal ammo people are buying in these closeouts are made in China. But since you seem to have a handle on this, do you mind telling me where you do your China free shopping?

Exactly we all want to know...
Posted By: deflave Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/09/20
I wouldn't walk to a podium to receive a free Savage Axis.

Much less drive all over hell, walking in and out of Wal-Marts for one.
Originally Posted by deflave
I wouldn't walk to a podium to receive a free Savage Axis.

Much less drive all over hell, walking in and out of Wal-Marts for one.

Not the best gun for bagging a B&C south Florida mosquito?
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/09/20

BrickSeek is showing a Walmart Supercenter in Carmi, IL, HAD a Remington 700 ADL in .223. w/scope clearance priced for $89 = 77% off regular price.

No surprise though that it's showing "Out of Stock" now.

Also had it in .270 as well as some other calibers, same price, "Out of Stock" now too

Our local Wally World had some discounted stuff, but nothing as low as posted here.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/09/20

Originally Posted by joken2

BrickSeek is showing a Walmart Supercenter in Carmi, IL, HAD a Remington 700 ADL in .223. w/scope clearance priced for $89 = 77% off regular price.

No surprise though that it's showing "Out of Stock" now.

Also had it in .270 as well as some other calibers, same price, "Out of Stock" now too

Walmart Supercenter #833
1344 Illinois Hwy #1
Carmi IL 62821
Google Maps
Apple Maps
Out of Stock
$89.00 77% off
Posted By: barm Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/09/20

I went to my local Walmart and it said limited stock too. I went to the counter and asked if the one rifle in the show case with a scope was a 223 and I was told it was a 30-06. I then said as I was pulling out my phone, "I have a barcode I want you to check. It shows that you have a Remington 700 w/scope in 223 for $290". The guy at the counter said, "Let me check." He didn't want to look at my phone or barcode. He came back a couple of minutes later with the rifle in box with $290 yellow clearance sticker on the box. He said, "There was one back there. I didn't realize it had gotten that low."
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20

Whittaker’s , dumb a....ss

Happy trails

Bob
Another wallymart supposedly had 1 or 2 Lenovo ideapad S340 15.6" Laptop, Intel Core i3-8145U Dual-Core Processor, 4GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 10 - Platinum Grey - 81N800D2US in stock, so I went after I had finished at the job sight.....20 -30 minute one way trip...went straight to the dept. and asked to see the Boxes in the locked rack behind the counter and lo and behold there was one....had a note on the box "needs bracket"...I started to open it and the clerk said I couldn't and I said get the manager while I wait...he was right there, said no problem. Bracket is regarding display...nothing to do with laptop....out the door with a $500 laptop for $89 +tax!....oh BTW got 5 more boxes of 270's for $4.50 each on the way out.
Preciate the heads up PaulBanrnard!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
Swung by one showing limited stock of Fed 270 150s for $4.50/bx. Nada. I did purchase several made in the USA products, and some chinkychit back to school stuff... Zero wide mouth lids. Zero wide mouth pints.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20

as of this morning, the same rifle here is going for $260
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
Nothing but Remington 770's here, and a few Ruger 10/22's.

Pffft.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
Our local Walmart is so PC, they have NO firearms at all.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
Oh, dude told me they will not be getting any more bolt 223s since they use the evil black ammo that they don't carry... They were busy stocking the latest butt outs and various other Great Falls necessities.
Posted By: tzone Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20

LOL!!!

I wish I had your kind or time and boredom.
Posted By: tzone Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

as of this morning, the same rifle here is going for $260

$258 more than it's worth.

Picked up a scoped synthetic Remington 700/ 223 at the local Walmart for $299. today. They had several scoped wood stock axis for $250. each.GW
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
What is the twist on the walmart Rem 700 223s? 9? 12? Something else?

24 inch barrel, 22?
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
Originally Posted by tzone

LOL!!!

I totally get your little shot across the bow while others may not.
Retired for good at 52 53ish.
Busted my azz for it too.

Loving it too......

Aside from that above, this is the 1st time you have hit me since when???
That late feb, early march dust up thingamabob????
Lol!!!!

How many turkeys on public land you kill this spring???
Only got 3 outta the 4 I said I could kill.
With a POS 835....
LO fugging L!!!!

Had 3 or 4 close chances IIRC for # 4.
Never worked out.
Those birds will only be bigger next spring.
You can tune in on the same bat channel next spring.
AKA the pics or it never happened channel.
Pretty sure you was watching the threads this spring I was putting up....
LOL!!!!

Put yours up stud with this springs DTG on em.....
Pics or it never happened.
Make me eat some humble pie in the land of 1,s and 0,s like I GAF.

LMFAO!!!!
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
What is the twist on the walmart Rem 700 223s? 9? 12? Something else?

24 inch barrel, 22?

Yes..........24 inch barrel, 1-12 twist.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
I have zero enthusiasm for playing the Walmart dialing for deals this year.

I got weatherbys and monarchs and a few decent Buck folders last year. Some stuff 50-75% off.

Bought stuff I didn’t even need. 2 of those weatherbys still in the box.

Too much running around for bogus inventory numbers.

Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20

I got weatherbys and monarchs and a few decent Buck folders last year. Some stuff 50-75% off.

I’ll remember that when I go to a Clarksville Walmart to get a deal and they’re all gone.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/10/20
Grabbed a $290 .223 adl on my way home from work.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/11/20

I’ll remember that when I go to a Clarksville Walmart to get a deal and they’re all gone.

Keep your eyes open for a reduced price gas grill around this area.

I want to put one out at our catfish/deer campsite.

Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/11/20
Anyone seeing bluebox ot6 ammo on clearance???
Renegade50 needs a pressure washer too.
Nada per brickseek on powershock ot6
" federal deer thugs" 165gr ot6 9 a box
Sold out.
Listed at 1 store , with different zips put into brickseek.

Seems like the federal blue box in .270 is the only caliber in the powershock line up being clearanced currently.
And that is gone around here.

Keep my eye for out for the .308 blue box ammo.
Trade bait stuff maybe.
Posted By: tzone Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/11/20

LOL!!!

Loving it too......

Lol!!!!

With a POS 835....
LO fugging L!!!!

Never worked out.
LOL!!!!

LMFAO!!!!

WTF are you talking about? Dust up?

I killed one. On northern MN state land. The only one I had a tag for.

You should be able to get humble pie at all those Walmart’s you’re driving around to.

Not sure why you’d want to put yourself through the drama to pick up a $3 rifle. But here you are....killin it.

Wally world even have em????

Hit brickseek for a bit....
$4 a box, you better let me know if you find any .308. 😃

Or .375 too 😐

Wally world even have em????

Hit brickseek for a bit....

Damm they actually have some.
Couple on clearance.

Just rent one and tear up lowes schitt.

Cheaper and it goes away....

Lol!!!

LOL!!!

Loving it too......

Lol!!!!

With a POS 835....
LO fugging L!!!!

Never worked out.
LOL!!!!

LMFAO!!!!

WTF are you talking about? Dust up?

I killed one. On northern MN state land. The only one I had a tag for.

You should be able to get humble pie at all those Walmart’s you’re driving around to.

Not sure why you’d want to put yourself through the drama to pick up a $3 rifle. But here you are....killin it.

LMFAO!!!!!
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/12/20
Limited stock according to BS generally means one in the store, BUT in the states where there is a waiting period for a gun can screw things up.
If someone is buying a gun, during that waiting period, the gun will be in the BS inventory, but not really for sale. The store may not be hiding something when it actually is riding the waiting period.
Posted By: deflave Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/13/20
There was an Axis on clearance for $175 I spotted yesterday.

Chambering was 22-250. Synthetic stock.

None of the knives seems to be on clearance.
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/13/20
I haven't seen a Walmart yet this year.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/13/20
I tried to buy a battery for one of my wheelers Thursday, Bull from Night Court wouldn’t let me in the automotive, tire center side door. Said I had to go around, get my head counted and carry that battery core all the way through the store.

lol

Screw you

Went to the parts store (Advance Auto) from the parking lot logged in to my account found a 12 series MC battery, applied 20% trt discount code. Got my battery for $38

Hell with Walmart.
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I haven't seen a Walmart yet this year.

The night is young.
I tried to buy a battery for one of my wheelers Thursday, Bull from Night Court wouldn’t let me in the automotive, tire center side door. Said I had to go around, get my head counted and carry that battery core all the way through the store.

lol

Screw you

Went to the parts store (Advance Auto) from the parking lot logged in to my account found a 12 series MC battery, applied 20% trt discount code. Got my battery for $38

Hell with Walmart.

I thought all you southern good Ol’ boys only bought from pa-pa and me-ma.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/13/20
lol

I’m just mocking others on here when/if you see me post such

big box and big chains is where it’s at 😀

Are we to really believe someone “has never or hasn’t stepped foot in a Walmart in 30 years” ?

I’m not buying that from caribou bob or catskill kat, etc

me-ma, TFF

I figured

LOL
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/13/20
Anyone seeing the remaining Nikon scopes drop?
Originally Posted by wildfowl
Anyone seeing the remaining Nikon scopes drop?

The only things I saw on sale were two Savage Axles.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/13/20
I did manage to finally get a darned nice HP clearance laptop. $89 for a $400 laptop is pretty sweet.............

Picked up an Axis in 6.5 creedmore $175. and a Axis II 223 HB $290. scoped short rifle today. Both came out of the back storage room. Can still be scored if you persist. GW
Posted By: Loper Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/15/20
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

Picked up an Axis in 6.5 creedmore $175. and a Axis II 223 HB $290. scoped short rifle today. Both came out of the back storage room. Can still be scored if you persist. GW

Nice! I'm jealous. Being a lefty there are very few if any in stock at most places.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/19/20
Any scopes yet?
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/23/20
Anyone finding good deals?
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/23/20
There are still deals to be had, but surprisingly, I found a Nikon Prostaff 3s 10x40 in a Walmart yesterday that was the OPPOSITE of a "good deal". It was marked at $172, while last year I seem to remember them being clearance priced at about $29!

How does that happen?

One thing that won't show up on Brickseek is the Tristar shotguns on sale. I believe there are some single shots for $99, and the over/under I glanced at yesterday had a sale sticker, but I couldn't see the price.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/23/20

Originally Posted by czech1022
There are still deals to be had, but surprisingly, I found a Nikon Prostaff 3s 10x40 in a Walmart yesterday that was the OPPOSITE of a "good deal". It was marked at $172, while last year I seem to remember them being clearance priced at about $29!

How does that happen?

One thing that won't show up on Brickseek is the Tristar shotguns on sale. I believe there are some single shots for $99, and the over/under I glanced at yesterday had a sale sticker, but I couldn't see the price.

Not all Walmart stores have the exact same things clearance priced and some may not have anything at all on clearance in a given department.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/23/20
If i can score one of them wood stocked Axis .308,s way less than the 260 listed now.
I will do a pics or it never happened project on it.
Schitt can the cheap weaver scope and rings.
Tune and tweak the trigger.
Do a wood burn grain highlight on that plain stock.
Stain it.
Refinish it.

Couple still hanging around here.

150ish on one would be nice.....

Wont get dissapointed if it dont happen.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/23/20
If i can score one of them wood stocked Axis .308,s way less than the 260 listed now.
I will do a pics or it never happened project on it.
Schitt can the cheap weaver scope and rings.
Tune and tweak the trigger.
Do a wood burn grain highlight on that plain stock.
Stain it.
Refinish it.

Couple still hanging around here.

150ish on one would be nice.....

Wont get dissapointed if it dont happen.

Per brickseek
8 within striking distance
All still 260......
Have ta keep a hairy eyeball on em.....
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/27/20
[quote=renegade50]
All still 260......

You thinking they will drop again on 8/4?
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/28/20
[quote=renegade50]
All still 260......

You thinking they will drop again on 8/4?

FYI, some stores did another drop today
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/28/20
Checking brickseek now.
My brickseek is fuggin up. It won't give me the inventories.
Posted By: HilhamHawk Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Rem 700 ADL 223 w/ scope - $199, Savage Axis wood 243, 308, 270, 30-06 - $184, Savage Axis camo HB 223 - $199, Savage Axis synthetic 223 - $124, Rem 770 223 - $124......................
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
2 wood .308,s here got sold for 184.
Rest in area are still 260.

Keeping an eye on em.

5 left at 260 in the area listed as low stock
Which the 2 that went for 184 IIRC listed as 260 2 or 3 days ago in stores i been looking at occasinally.
Posted By: amax155 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
I grabbed a 6.5 Creedmoor Savage Axis for 175.00. Trigger was atrocious but remedied that and now its at 3.5#. Most all groups were less than MOA with 2 rounds touching and a flyer.
Posted By: philgood80 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Not wal mart and flame me if you want but Cabelas has Tikka T3x Super Lites on clearance for $519. Pretty screaming for those based on what I normally see them priced at.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/tikka-t3x-superlite-bolt-action-rifle
Originally Posted by amax155
I grabbed a 6.5 Creedmoor Savage Axis for 175.00. Trigger was atrocious but remedied that and now its at 3.5#. Most all groups were less than MOA with 2 rounds touching and a flyer.

For 175 that will work.

1st round a flyer?
Last?
Random?
Might be a simple action screw tweak or float the barrel if needed
Polish sears and cocking peice?
Clip a coil on a spring?
What did you do to it?

Curious about em....
Originally Posted by philgood80
Not wal mart and flame me if you want but Cabelas has Tikka T3x Super Lites on clearance for $519. Pretty screaming for those based on what I normally see them priced at.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/tikka-t3x-superlite-bolt-action-rifle

That is a good deal. I just checked and no 308s, 270s, or 3006s in mine or surrounding states. Bummer
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Rem 700 ADL 223 w/ scope - $199, Savage Axis wood 243, 308, 270, 30-06 - $184, Savage Axis camo HB 223 - $199, Savage Axis synthetic 223 - $124, Rem 770 223 - $124......................

That's not all that's been reduced in price............., but given the fact that I'm greedy, I ain't telling.
James
Last night when I checked
Oak grove priced a wood stock .308 for 184.

Im throwing the dice and seeing if they drop more.

Go get it if it interest you.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
You’ll see that same rifle at PeePaw’s Pawn and Plasma Center next week for $499
$0 down lay a way for vets and active duty or anyone wearing medical scrubs.
Remember those Nikons that y'all snapped up a few years ago..............found one that had been there since 2017........still on clearance. It pays to make Rufus get down on their knees and look way back in the corner of the storage area.
Pics or didnt happen....

You’ve been called out Lovey Man

laugh
James

They should in about 30 days, unless someone else decides that's a good enough price.

That'd make Emmanuel the Amish fellow a good deer rifle.
Pics or didnt happen....

You’ve been called out Lovey Man

laugh

Give me a few, checking to see if I can find any more.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
You’ll see that same rifle at PeePaw’s Pawn and Plasma Center next week for $499

Ain't that the truth.

That’d be it

I got several, really too big for some of my bare receivers.
Which store james

I gotta know
Posted By: amax155 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20

For 175 that will work.

1st round a flyer?
Last?
Random?
Clip a coil on a spring?
What did you do to it?

Curious about em....

Last round flyer. It most likely was me, trying to shoot in 90 degree temps and high humidity. Mirage was crazy for 100yards.

Clipped the spring in 1/4 coil increments till I got to 3.5#. Performed all safety tests with each cut and only a touch of take up.

Thought about restocking the rifle for something stiffer, but got a grandson eyeing it and it fits him pretty good as is.
Which store james

I gotta know

Let's see, I might tell you in exchange for arrowhead hunting spot.........lol.

Without a doubt.
Or on armslist or a gunshow....
James

They should in about 30 days, unless someone else decides that's a good enough price.

That'd make Emmanuel the Amish fellow a good deer rifle.

I just like ta get one.
Project rifle after deer season.
Trigger, bedding, floating, burn stock work for highlights , refinish
Zero it in see how it shoots.
Trade bait, sell for a profit, or keep????
Pics or it never happened stuff.
Throwing the dice, keep an eye on em...
Which store james

I gotta know

Let's see, I might tell you in exchange for arrowhead hunting spot.........lol.

Oak grove....

Seen it their 2 weeks ago.

Lol!!!

For 175 that will work.

1st round a flyer?
Last?
Random?
Clip a coil on a spring?
What did you do to it?

Curious about em....

Last round flyer. It most likely was me, trying to shoot in 90 degree temps and high humidity. Mirage was crazy for 100yards.

Clipped the spring in 1/4 coil increments till I got to 3.5#. Performed all safety tests with each cut and only a touch of take up.

Thought about restocking the rifle for something stiffer, but got a grandson eyeing it and it fits him pretty good as is.

Cool.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Finally scored one of these cheapies. 700 ADL .223. For $199. Wasn’t on the rack. Poor girl in that area didn’t know beans from apple butter, said they didn’t have any 700s, then I pointed to a .243 and 7 mag on the rack. Finally figured out her database. Went to safe, came back with the clearances .223.

Regular sales guy probably hadn’t told her that she’s just supposed to come back and say they didn’t have any left.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Finally scored one of these cheapies. 700 ADL .223. For $199. Wasn’t on the rack. Poor girl in that area didn’t know beans from apple butter, said they didn’t have any 700s, then I pointed to a .243 and 7 mag on the rack. Finally figured out her database. Went to safe, came back with the clearances .223.

Regular sales guy probably hadn’t told her that she’s just supposed to come back and say they didn’t have any left.

Just got one myself except I was delayed for some fugging reason. There is an ADL in 7MM Remington magnum there also for $249. Might go back and get it also.
Originally Posted by rickt300

Just got one myself except I was delayed for some fugging reason. There is an ADL in 7MM Remington magnum there also for $249. Might go back and get it also.

Concealed carry permit....................never delayed. At least I don't know of a case where there was one.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Mines delayed as well. She said they’ve been getting more delays than not lately. Typically gets a call back in a day or two. Couldn’t be because of the panic buying though...

I passed on a 7 mag for $250 at a store 5 miles away, had it in the rack. I just don’t need a 7 mag. Trying to talk myself into it.
Mines delayed as well. She said they’ve been getting more delays than not lately. Typically gets a call back in a day or two. Couldn’t be because of the panic buying though...

I passed on a 7 mag for $250 at a store 5 miles away, had it in the rack. I just don’t need a 7 mag. Trying to talk myself into it.

Same here, I would probably waste a pound of powder and a hundred bullets seeing how it shot and sell it.
Originally Posted by rickt300

Concealed carry permit....................never delayed. At least I don't know of a case where there was one.

For a long time I toyed with the thought of getting a CCW permit but the laws changed and I can carry a loaded gun in my truck without one. If it was serious enough that I needed to carry concealed I would with or without a CCW. However considering the somewhat screwed up going's on lately I will get my CCW soon.
Posted By: BRISTECD Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Just picked up a Savage Axis 22-250 for $124 and a Rem 700 w/scope in .223 for $199 and some fishing lures for $2.
Sometimes the ncis/ state system is magically unplugged

Get the system is down ploy.
Btdt... with slumlord on that one.
They didnt like I bent over the counter and seen the thing was unplugged.

If ya get a print out saying the system is delayed and you paid for that gun
Its yours....

Ran into a scenario at the oak grove walmart on the great weatherby hunt in 2017.
I made a manager show me the book to prove the rifle was sold pending ncis
Which it was in fact.

Never trust a clerk at wally world gun counter......

They do everything they can at times to hide schitt and make excuse,s ....

Some ...
Not all......

Tiny Tims xmas is gonna suck as far as I'm concerned....

Lol!!!
Posted By: Dan700mn Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Let behind the counter at the Fargo Walmart said they have a couple in the back so if I needed any more they had them.
Just the Remington 700 .223 was @ $199 so far.
The .243, 308, and 7mm mags were $389
James told me about a cache of Leupolds up near Cinci
Sometimes ya just gotta go full blown Dan Halen mode on clerks when ya see or feel em doing slim shady schit...
LOL!!!
especially they stunts they pull with guns and ammo

Some...
Not all....

Trust to a certain extent but verify nicely and then ruthlessly if needed.

Just saying......

YMMV...
Posted By: TheKid Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/29/20
Our local store had 7 mag ADLs for $249, Axis in 308, 270, and 30-06 for $184. Nothing else on sale aside from Bushnell trophy 6-18x50s for $149 and fishing stuff. I bought about $100 worth of crappie fishing stuff for about $15 but passed the guns. If they’d have had a 700 in 30/06 or 270 I’d have bit but I don’t need another boomer and really just want a standard bolt face LA to build something with.

Mehhhhhh.......
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/30/20

I told you to keep quiet about those.......at least until I got up there tomorrow and bought some. Now, every poster here in the northern Kentucky and southern Ohio area will beat me to them. Unless I leave now and be there when they open. I’m outa here........later folks
Originally Posted by TheKid
Our local store had 7 mag ADLs for $249, Axis in 308, 270, and 30-06 for $184. Nothing else on sale aside from Bushnell trophy 6-18x50s for $149 and fishing stuff. I bought about $100 worth of crappie fishing stuff for about $15 but passed the guns. If they’d have had a 700 in 30/06 or 270 I’d have bit but I don’t need another boomer and really just want a standard bolt face LA to build something with.

I bought one of the 7mm Mag 700’s last year for $89.

Drove half the night to get here when the sporting goods counter opened, and I forgot the time change, me being Central and here being Eastern. Anyway, they had 6 of them left at 75% off.

Was I greedy and bought all of them?

Dang right I was after driving all that far. Will hit some other stores on the way back, as Brickseek says one of them has a $89 Model 700.

We'll see.
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 07/31/20

Drove half the night to get here when the sporting goods counter opened, and I forgot the time change, me being Central and here being Eastern. Anyway, they had 6 of them left at 75% off.

Was I greedy and bought all of them?

Dang right I was after driving all that far. Will hit some other stores on the way back, as Brickseek says one of them has a $89 Model 700.

We'll see.

Weeeelllll?
Posted By: tscott Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/01/20
Got a 770, .308, with crappy scope = $125....truck gun!
Also Leupold Rifleman 3x9 = $139...
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/01/20
I bought a Savage Axis II heavy barrel in 223 with cheap Bushnell AO scope for $199. Left a bunch of synthetic Axis rifles at $124, wood at $184 and Rem 770s at $124. They had a 700 in 223 for $199 but the 12 twist kills my interest in it. Several Riflemen scopes there too as well as a Prostaff 5 for $139.

I did pick up some rod socks for $1.15 ea and a aerator bucket top for $7.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/01/20
Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
I bought a Savage Axis II heavy barrel in 223 with cheap Bushnell AO scope for $199. Left a bunch of synthetic Axis rifles at $124, wood at $184 and Rem 770s at $124. They had a 700 in 223 for $199 but the 12 twist kills my interest in it. Several Riflemen scopes there too as well as a Prostaff 5 for $139.

I have one of those Prostaff 5 scopes, and they're some good glass for the money. The Nikon BDC on those scopes have always worked well for me.
Posted By: UNCCGrad Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/01/20

I have one of those Prostaff 5 scopes, and they're some good glass for the money. The Nikon BDC on those scopes have always worked well for me.

Agree they are pretty good but considering Nikon is out of the scope business I'll not be running them anymore unless I can get them for next to nothing. I always felt Nikon made good scopes for their price points. The old Monarch UCC were some really nice scopes.

I didnt need the Axis 223 but I had a spare Burris 4.5-14 that needed a home so it came home with me. It has the accutrigger so better than the typical Axis but still clunky.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/01/20
i wouldnt do paperwork for either of those guns
Originally Posted by srwshooter
i wouldnt do paperwork for either of those guns

Did anybody ask you to?

Just saying............know what I mean.

Agree they are pretty good but considering Nikon is out of the scope business I'll not be running them anymore unless I can get them for next to nothing. I always felt Nikon made good scopes for their price points. The old Monarch UCC were some really nice scopes..

I have several on the Monarchs, a couple of Prostaff 5's, an old Buckmaster, and one of the AR 223 scopes. I also have a couple of Weavers, and they're no longer being made as well. Doesn't bother me in the least. I'll just keep using them until me or them one won't work anymore.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/01/20
Scored a camo heavy barrel savage 223 with a scope for $199 this morning. Couple stores around me with $249 700s but nothing I have a use for.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/01/20
Display ProStaff 5 2-10 for $100 a few minutes ago. It’s for the kids....
Do y'all have any SKUs for those deals?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/02/20

.223 700 ADL UPC is 047700846002
7 Mag 700 ADL UPC is 047700270975
Nikon Prostaff 5 2.5-10 UPC is 018208067367

Those are the only ones I’ve found on shelf locally.

Thanks. Only thing showing close is a 223 at $199.
Posted By: RandyR Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/03/20

Those were the same prices they had in Central Wi this am , guy had a cartfull ahead of me and cleaned out what I wanted. I did pickup another Axis in hardwood. Still needing one of those ADL's in .308 for a smokeless build.
Posted By: wildfowl Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/03/20

What kind of scope is on the Remington 700 in .223?

I didn't pay attention.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/03/20

No markings. The adjustments appear to be Bushnell. I'll sell it to you for $50 wink

Just got a 'delay' on a .243 for $199. Get to make the 20 mile drive to pick it up tomorrow or the day after.

No markings. The adjustments appear to be Bushnell. I'll sell it to you for $50 wink

Just got a 'delay' on a .243 for $199. Get to make the 20 mile drive to pick it up tomorrow or the day after.

ADL 243?
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/03/20

ADL 243?

Yes, only one within 150 miles at that price, in inventory in dozens of other stores in the area at $389. This one wasn't marked down on the shelf, surprised the lady when she scanned it. I don't understand the reasoning behind the markdowns, curious as to what triggers what.
Cheesy,

They have specific periods and send emails from corporate on when they will drop the price the second, and even 3rd time.

I picked up 2 ADL’s here in Kansas City, one is for a rifle I’m building for my son, the other will go to a Niece or Nephew
I also picked up a stripped 700 SA receiver (stainless) from Midway usa for $124 and will build a PD rifle for myself with that one.

Part of the consequence of starting up a gunsmithing business is you end up building on the cheap for all your family and friends for a bit...
For me it’s not about the money as much as how much I enjoy building rifles like Gritters taught me too... damn things shoot bug holes, and that is hard not to like.

Part of the consequence of starting up a gunsmithing business is you end up building on the cheap for all your family and friends for a bit...

Thanks for posting spotshooter, my friend and brother.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/03/20

The scope on the Remington package rifles are unmarked, and at one time were supposedly made by Bushnell. The scope that came on the rifle I bought last week is junk. It's a 4X12X40, and IMO is worthless. On the other hand, I bought a 243 Youth model last year, and let my nephew have it, and it came with a 3X9X40 that he kept on it and they killed a couple of deer with it. This is one of these deals where you can be the judge.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/03/20
James sign up on TnDeer.com and sells those scopes for $50 a pop

Fools on there will pounce on em. Ya know those people that cut a small V in their t-shirt at the neck....yeah.
James sign up on TnDeer.com and sells those scopes for $50 a pop

Fools on there will pounce on em. Ya know those people that cut a small V in their t-shirt at the neck....yeah.

I sell them to the local Amish and Mennonites, tell them they're Leupolds that were made with the labeling left off. $100 a scope. When they mark those those 700's down to $89 again, I'll have a free rifle, plus $11 to buy a fajita plate at the local Mexican joint.
Which mexi jernt?
Which mexi jernt?

El Bracero ....Hoptown
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/03/20
Local Walmart said they sold 9 or so savage axis and rem 783s or whatever they are yesterday for $124 each. Guy said there were no more clearance guns left. Manager walked up so I asked him. He said yes, I just told them there were 3 more in the back. I ended up getting 2 rem 700s in 223 with cheap 4-12 scopes on them for $199 each. Whish they were 8 twists but I can remage the actions and do something with them.

Bb
Which mexi jernt?

El Bracero ....Hoptown

They have one of next to the Publix here, on Madison

Or they did a year ago

Never been

Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/04/20
Grabbed a 308 adl for $249 this afternoon...might hunt it as is. Was thinking to rebarrel it but it might do well as a 308
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/04/20
So far the walmart people have been helpful and offered to look for other markdowns in the back.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/04/20
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
So far the walmart people have been helpful and offered to look for other markdowns in the back.

My 3 buys have all been women workers. Super helpful and pleasant.
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/04/20
Check out the Henry Big Boys in 44 mag at $399 (regular $700+).
That .44 mag Henry, I would be interested In, but have not seen one locally. miles
I got the last display model Remington ADL in .223 with a scope for $149.00. Went for ammo boxes and found the rifle instead.
Posted By: RandyR Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/05/20
Grabbed a 308 adl for $249 this afternoon...might hunt it as is. Was thinking to rebarrel it but it might do well as a 308

That's the one I was trying to find earlier , wound up with a scoped .223 ADL instead.

I was told the heavy barrel Savages in the Varmint model will be real cheap also, can't wait.

I asked about the .308 today and the clerk said it's not marked down yet but I put the .223 in back for you when you called so I took it.

I never called.

Also saw a lady with a grocery list her husband sent her in with looking for markdowns, bad move

Thanks for posting spotshooter, my friend and brother.

LOL.. I’ve been known to help guys out, ask me after I have these builds done.

That must be a regional sale because they don’t have that here either.
But I’m making one anyway. smile
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/11/20
Just picked up a Remington ADL 243 combo for $99. & a 223 combo for $79.
They also had the 770 combos in 243, 223 & 308 for $54.00!!!

It took an hour to check out because they really don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I started out with 3 rifles and ended up with 2 because I got tired of waiting and was supposed to shopping for groceries. I let the guy behind me have the 770’s for $54 each. I really hate the 770 so I don’t regret not buying them.
The prices are truly random. I had the clerk check the boxes. Some were not marked down and two were. I scored for sure!
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/11/20
Anyone find clearance spandex for the OP ??
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Just picked up a Remington ADL 243 combo for $99. & a 223 combo for $79.
They also had the 770 combos in 243, 223 & 308 for $54.00!!!

It took an hour to check out because they really don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I started out with 3 rifles and ended up with 2 because I got tired of waiting and was supposed to shopping for groceries. I let the guy behind me have the 770’s for $54 each. I really hate the 770 so I don’t regret not buying them.
The prices are truly random. I had the clerk check the boxes. Some were not marked down and two were. I scored for sure!

Picked up one of the ADL’s for $79 today also. Also got a Savage A22 Target thumbhole for half price.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20

How does this behavior fit into the Dave Ramsey plan you were parading around about recently ? Sheesh .. ..
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20
What is the website that shows the clearance rifles at each store? I can’t find a single rifle on Walmart site.

I was just lucky when I visited the store.
www.brickseek.com
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20

Thanks
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20
I want to weigh in here on what I'm finding this year about Brickseek and Walmart. For the past 3 years I've bought a bunch of stuff from Walmart on clearance using Brickseek's inventory checker, that includes guns, scopes, binos, rangefinders, trail cameras, among other deals. In almost every single occasion, if Brickseek showed it as being in inventory at a certain price, it was. I cannot tell you how many arguments I've had with Walmart employees who "knew for certain" that they did not have that item at that price, only to have them eat those words when they found that item, and I bought it. There were very few times when the item could not be located somewhere.

The only time that a gun was not found and purchased that I was looking for was when it was being held on a background check delay. In that case, it will show as being in stock, but you can't buy it unless the person fails the check, and the gun goes back in stock. I've had that happen several times to me, including today, and I am still pizzed at having drove that far and not been able to buy a $79 Remington 700.

However, this year, for whatever the reason, what Brickseek shows and what Walmart has, has not corresponded more than once. Yesterday I went to a store to buy one of those $79 Remingtons, which Brickseek showed was there. I had three different people look for it, and no one was able to find it, and the store firearm inventory did not show one, because they showed me.............at least it showed "0" in stock. This same store also had a Remington 700 ADL in 6.5 CM in stock, and Brickseek does not show it. They also had some of the Nikon Prostaff 5's that are clearance, yet Brickseek did not show those.

Also, I committed the unpardonable sin of calling a Walmart, where I knew the person in sportings good, and asking them if that Savage Axis for $49 that Brickseek showed there was in stock. I was told they had none, and knowing the person, I feel as if they told the truth. Maybe they didn't, but I'm not going to check it out. I'm just saying that I don't think Brickseek is always a 100% spot on, but I will still use it, and besides, I enjoy the thrill of the chase.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20
The two 700's and Nikon scope I bought showed as in inventory on Brickseek as well as a spotcheck I did on one I wasn't interested in.

Found a $79 .223 ADL last night over by my dad's. He told my uncle, who drove the 40 miles to go get it. At the store they said they didn't have it, that all their clearance guns were sold a few weeks ago. Still shows as in inventory today. The only thing I could think of is it is in a background check delay like JamesJr said above. The two rifles I did buy, I checked again that night and they'd gone from 'low inventory' to 'unavailable' after I picked them up. Edit to add: While the two rifles I were buying were in the "NICS delay", they still showed as in inventory.

Long way of saying, you win some and you lose some.
Posted By: joken2 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20

I want to weigh in here on what I'm finding this year about Brickseek and Walmart. For the past 3 years I've bought a bunch of stuff from Walmart on clearance using Brickseek's inventory checker, that includes guns, scopes, binos, rangefinders, trail cameras, among other deals. In almost every single occasion, if Brickseek showed it as being in inventory at a certain price, it was. I cannot tell you how many arguments I've had with Walmart employees who "knew for certain" that they did not have that item at that price, only to have them eat those words when they found that item, and I bought it. There were very few times when the item could not be located somewhere.

The only time that a gun was not found and purchased that I was looking for was when it was being held on a background check delay. In that case, it will show as being in stock, but you can't buy it unless the person fails the check, and the gun goes back in stock. I've had that happen several times to me, including today, and I am still pizzed at having drove that far and not been able to buy a $79 Remington 700.

However, this year, for whatever the reason, what Brickseek shows and what Walmart has, has not corresponded more than once. Yesterday I went to a store to buy one of those $79 Remingtons, which Brickseek showed was there. I had three different people look for it, and no one was able to find it, and the store firearm inventory did not show one, because they showed me.............at least it showed "0" in stock. This same store also had a Remington 700 ADL in 6.5 CM in stock, and Brickseek does not show it. They also had some of the Nikon Prostaff 5's that are clearance, yet Brickseek did not show those.

Also, I committed the unpardonable sin of calling a Walmart, where I knew the person in sportings good, and asking them if that Savage Axis for $49 that Brickseek showed there was in stock. I was told they had none, and knowing the person, I feel as if they told the truth. Maybe they didn't, but I'm not going to check it out. I'm just saying that I don't think Brickseek is always a 100% spot on, but I will still use it, and besides, I enjoy the thrill of the chase.

Brickseek is currently showing "limited stock" on Rem ADL in .223 w/scope for $79 at a Beaver Dam KY and Harrisburg IL Walmart and a ADL w/scope in 243 and .270 for $99 at the Harrisburg store too.
Posted By: DANNYL Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20

What do ya put in for sku or other numbers so ya can find it in the local WM
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20
Originally Posted by DANNYL

What do ya put in for sku or other numbers so ya can find it in the local WM

I’ve been using the search bar at top and entering 700 adl xxx scope (xxx is whatever caliber, .223, .243, .308 etc) that will bring up the 700 ADL scoped combos most of us have bought. Then enter a zip code and it searches your area.
Posted By: scoony Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/12/20
Brickseek shows to of those 223 ADLs in my area marked down to $79. One is an hour away, and the other a little more. I have no plans on driving that far for them to tell me its gone. I am not sure how up to date Brickseek is. I picked one up a few weeks ago at $199. I knew they would mark it down further, but did not want to take the chance that someone else would get it. Last year, when the Rem 11-87s were marked down, someone got there ahead of me and bought all 5 that they had.

Litchfield, KY and Corydon, IN.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/13/20
Originally Posted by scoony
Brickseek shows to of those 223 ADLs in my area marked down to $79. One is an hour away, and the other a little more. I have no plans on driving that far for them to tell me its gone. I am not sure how up to date Brickseek is. I picked one up a few weeks ago at $199. I knew they would mark it down further, but did not want to take the chance that someone else would get it. Last year, when the Rem 11-87s were marked down, someone got there ahead of me and bought all 5 that they had.

Litchfield, KY and Corydon, IN.

The one in Leitchfield is being held up on a background check delay.
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/13/20
I saw a Rem 770 with scope in .270 for $54 this morning.

Couldn't bring myself to buy that crap, no matter HOW cheap it was!
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Wal-Mart Clearance Time - 08/13/20
I did, however, pick up two Savage Axis XP .243 rifles with wood stock and scope for a total of $160 out the door.
© 24hourcampfire