Hop To
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Part of the consequence of starting up a gunsmithing business is you end up building on the cheap for all your family and friends for a bit...

Thanks for posting spotshooter, my friend and brother.

LOL.. I’ve been known to help guys out, ask me after I have these builds done.

Last edited by Spotshooter; 08/04/20.
GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Grabbed a 308 adl for $249 this afternoon...might hunt it as is. Was thinking to rebarrel it but it might do well as a 308

That must be a regional sale because they don’t have that here either.
But I’m making one anyway. smile

B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B
Just picked up a Remington ADL 243 combo for $99. & a 223 combo for $79.
They also had the 770 combos in 243, 223 & 308 for $54.00!!!

It took an hour to check out because they really don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I started out with 3 rifles and ended up with 2 because I got tired of waiting and was supposed to shopping for groceries. I let the guy behind me have the 770’s for $54 each. I really hate the 770 so I don’t regret not buying them.
The prices are truly random. I had the clerk check the boxes. Some were not marked down and two were. I scored for sure!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Anyone find clearance spandex for the OP ??

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Just picked up a Remington ADL 243 combo for $99. & a 223 combo for $79.
They also had the 770 combos in 243, 223 & 308 for $54.00!!!

It took an hour to check out because they really don’t have a clue what they’re doing. I started out with 3 rifles and ended up with 2 because I got tired of waiting and was supposed to shopping for groceries. I let the guy behind me have the 770’s for $54 each. I really hate the 770 so I don’t regret not buying them.
The prices are truly random. I had the clerk check the boxes. Some were not marked down and two were. I scored for sure!

Picked up one of the ADL’s for $79 today also. Also got a Savage A22 Target thumbhole for half price.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Grabbed a 308 adl for $249 this afternoon...might hunt it as is. Was thinking to rebarrel it but it might do well as a 308

How does this behavior fit into the Dave Ramsey plan you were parading around about recently ? Sheesh .. ..

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B
What is the website that shows the clearance rifles at each store? I can’t find a single rifle on Walmart site.

I was just lucky when I visited the store.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

B
Campfire Regular
Online Sad
Campfire Regular
B

Thanks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I want to weigh in here on what I'm finding this year about Brickseek and Walmart. For the past 3 years I've bought a bunch of stuff from Walmart on clearance using Brickseek's inventory checker, that includes guns, scopes, binos, rangefinders, trail cameras, among other deals. In almost every single occasion, if Brickseek showed it as being in inventory at a certain price, it was. I cannot tell you how many arguments I've had with Walmart employees who "knew for certain" that they did not have that item at that price, only to have them eat those words when they found that item, and I bought it. There were very few times when the item could not be located somewhere.

The only time that a gun was not found and purchased that I was looking for was when it was being held on a background check delay. In that case, it will show as being in stock, but you can't buy it unless the person fails the check, and the gun goes back in stock. I've had that happen several times to me, including today, and I am still pizzed at having drove that far and not been able to buy a $79 Remington 700.

However, this year, for whatever the reason, what Brickseek shows and what Walmart has, has not corresponded more than once. Yesterday I went to a store to buy one of those $79 Remingtons, which Brickseek showed was there. I had three different people look for it, and no one was able to find it, and the store firearm inventory did not show one, because they showed me.............at least it showed "0" in stock. This same store also had a Remington 700 ADL in 6.5 CM in stock, and Brickseek does not show it. They also had some of the Nikon Prostaff 5's that are clearance, yet Brickseek did not show those.

Also, I committed the unpardonable sin of calling a Walmart, where I knew the person in sportings good, and asking them if that Savage Axis for $49 that Brickseek showed there was in stock. I was told they had none, and knowing the person, I feel as if they told the truth. Maybe they didn't, but I'm not going to check it out. I'm just saying that I don't think Brickseek is always a 100% spot on, but I will still use it, and besides, I enjoy the thrill of the chase.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The two 700's and Nikon scope I bought showed as in inventory on Brickseek as well as a spotcheck I did on one I wasn't interested in.

Found a $79 .223 ADL last night over by my dad's. He told my uncle, who drove the 40 miles to go get it. At the store they said they didn't have it, that all their clearance guns were sold a few weeks ago. Still shows as in inventory today. The only thing I could think of is it is in a background check delay like JamesJr said above. The two rifles I did buy, I checked again that night and they'd gone from 'low inventory' to 'unavailable' after I picked them up. Edit to add: While the two rifles I were buying were in the "NICS delay", they still showed as in inventory.

Long way of saying, you win some and you lose some.

Last edited by Cheesy; 08/12/20.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by JamesJr
I want to weigh in here on what I'm finding this year about Brickseek and Walmart. For the past 3 years I've bought a bunch of stuff from Walmart on clearance using Brickseek's inventory checker, that includes guns, scopes, binos, rangefinders, trail cameras, among other deals. In almost every single occasion, if Brickseek showed it as being in inventory at a certain price, it was. I cannot tell you how many arguments I've had with Walmart employees who "knew for certain" that they did not have that item at that price, only to have them eat those words when they found that item, and I bought it. There were very few times when the item could not be located somewhere.

The only time that a gun was not found and purchased that I was looking for was when it was being held on a background check delay. In that case, it will show as being in stock, but you can't buy it unless the person fails the check, and the gun goes back in stock. I've had that happen several times to me, including today, and I am still pizzed at having drove that far and not been able to buy a $79 Remington 700.

However, this year, for whatever the reason, what Brickseek shows and what Walmart has, has not corresponded more than once. Yesterday I went to a store to buy one of those $79 Remingtons, which Brickseek showed was there. I had three different people look for it, and no one was able to find it, and the store firearm inventory did not show one, because they showed me.............at least it showed "0" in stock. This same store also had a Remington 700 ADL in 6.5 CM in stock, and Brickseek does not show it. They also had some of the Nikon Prostaff 5's that are clearance, yet Brickseek did not show those.

Also, I committed the unpardonable sin of calling a Walmart, where I knew the person in sportings good, and asking them if that Savage Axis for $49 that Brickseek showed there was in stock. I was told they had none, and knowing the person, I feel as if they told the truth. Maybe they didn't, but I'm not going to check it out. I'm just saying that I don't think Brickseek is always a 100% spot on, but I will still use it, and besides, I enjoy the thrill of the chase.

Brickseek is currently showing "limited stock" on Rem ADL in .223 w/scope for $79 at a Beaver Dam KY and Harrisburg IL Walmart and a ADL w/scope in 243 and .270 for $99 at the Harrisburg store too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

What do ya put in for sku or other numbers so ya can find it in the local WM

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DANNYL

What do ya put in for sku or other numbers so ya can find it in the local WM

I’ve been using the search bar at top and entering 700 adl xxx scope (xxx is whatever caliber, .223, .243, .308 etc) that will bring up the 700 ADL scoped combos most of us have bought. Then enter a zip code and it searches your area.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Brickseek shows to of those 223 ADLs in my area marked down to $79. One is an hour away, and the other a little more. I have no plans on driving that far for them to tell me its gone. I am not sure how up to date Brickseek is. I picked one up a few weeks ago at $199. I knew they would mark it down further, but did not want to take the chance that someone else would get it. Last year, when the Rem 11-87s were marked down, someone got there ahead of me and bought all 5 that they had.

Litchfield, KY and Corydon, IN.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by scoony
Brickseek shows to of those 223 ADLs in my area marked down to $79. One is an hour away, and the other a little more. I have no plans on driving that far for them to tell me its gone. I am not sure how up to date Brickseek is. I picked one up a few weeks ago at $199. I knew they would mark it down further, but did not want to take the chance that someone else would get it. Last year, when the Rem 11-87s were marked down, someone got there ahead of me and bought all 5 that they had.

Litchfield, KY and Corydon, IN.

The one in Leitchfield is being held up on a background check delay.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I saw a Rem 770 with scope in .270 for $54 this morning.

Couldn't bring myself to buy that crap, no matter HOW cheap it was!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I did, however, pick up two Savage Axis XP .243 rifles with wood stock and scope for a total of $160 out the door.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing -- Edmund Burke
Page 14 of 14 1 2 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 10ring1, 43 invisible), 2,727 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,757
Posts18,514,848
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.