Need to work up some loads for my 17 hornet. I just shot a box of factory 20 grain vmax until I could load up some. It seems like there are very few options. I want a higher BC than the 20 grn hollow points. I was thinking of trying g the 25 grain Hornady hp, but seems like they stopped making them? Am afraid the 25 grn vmax wont stabilize. (Rifle is the savage 25 walking varmint) I had got some Nosler 20 grn hollow points, and they did show promise with 5 shot .8 inch group at 100 yrs. But the dismal bc has me looking for a better bullet. So seems like the 20grn tipped hornady and nosler are my best option? Just making sure I am not missing anything here. I am a bit reluctant to pay for the 25 grn Bergers as they are quite a bit more than the Hornady and nosler. Game is eastern groundhogs. I may just go with the 20 grn vmax since the factory stuff I tried has laid them out pretty quickly.

......the occasional hunter wielding a hopelessly inaccurate rifle, living by the fantastical rule that this cartridge can deliver the goods, regardless of shot placement or rifle accuracy. The correct term for this is minute of ego.