The Woodsman is THE handgun to have for the outdoorsy type. Many appear in Alaska. I will relate some tails of the owners of the John Browning masterpiece. One rancher on Kodiak Island carried a 4" Woodsman that was so worn that the front sight was missing and he practiced everyday. Coming around the barn he came face to face with a charging Kodiak bear. One shot and the bear's skin was on the barn wall. In an old Colt add it showed a man next to a large bull moose and his gun was a Woodsman. Saw another picture of a man with a large Dall sheep that he killed with a Woodsman. Read the story of a man that walked to Alaska in the 1930's and his only gun was a Woodsman. He said the only time he felt under gunned was when he killed grizzlies. WOW. I knew a trapper that wandered the mountains of Colorado since the 30's and his gun he carried everyday on the trail was a Woodsman. Man it was in sorry shape. I have carried a pre war for decades and it sleeps under the seat of truck every day. When I was guiding elk hunters I carried only a Woodsman. I used it to finish off quite a few, deer, elk and antelope. I killed 2 elk with mine, though I had another guide standing next to me with a high power rifle. Both dead before the echo vanished. Just about as easy to point shoot as pointing your finger. When I traded into mine I took it into the desert of Arizona to test it out. While approaching the target area a raven took off and flew away. A quick snap shot broke his wing while the truck I was a passenger in was still moving. Quite a first shot from my new companion. I have also shot a buck mule deer, badgers, fish, rabbits, ducks and a goose. Just a beautiful milled steel and walnut handgun from days when craftsmanship was king.