Originally Posted by T_Inman
Originally Posted by huntsman22
9 inch pruning saw blade for your cordless sawzall.....

I've done that, and it sure does work if you're OK with the weight or hunting off horses. I saw a small chainsaw used one time too. Other than the bar oil getting on things, it worked pretty goodlaugh.

As far as a bone saw, the original Wyoming saw is what I have used for quite a while. I believe there are some knock offs out there....so make sure to get it through Wyoming Knife products. I've quit carrying it though, since I discovered using a good hatchet, and don't even use one of them anymore on critters since going completely gutless. All a guy needs is a knife and knowledge of the joints.

I've heard of peoiple using chain saws on moose, using veg oil for the bar, dedicated saw, I suppose. Seems a little much.....

I have used that little Outdoor Edge saw that comes in their elk hunting kit the last couple years on caribou. Someone gave me the kit, and I have a couple other Edge knives as well. Pretty good stuff.

I butchered 3 caribou with the Edge kit this year, plus field dressing them, and two others field dressed last year. Have not yet needed to sharpen the knives with anything other than the sharpener that came in the kit.

far better than the CampUSA butchering kit I was gifted with some 10-15 years ago.

Off topic for saws I know- I also have. couple Knapp saws which I've used for over 40 years. One needs sharpening. Badly.... smile

I've heard nothing but good about Wyoming saws, never owned one. Never had the occasion to buy one....

Hatchets work but heavier than a saw.... BTDT too.

Last edited by las; 08/18/20.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.