Got one of those little shirt pocket transistor radios for a birthday present in the early 60's. It was from Western Auto and I forgot what name they used on their radios, ( Revelation ? maybe?). Worked pretty well and I had it quite a long time. Nowadays I have a couple of the small pocket models from Radio Shack. One's about 10 years old and still going good. It's now discontinued and I just got the newer shirt pocket model. It's even smaller, runs on two AAA batteries for a claimed 50 hours and puts out high quality sound like a much bigger radio. Also has digital tuning with presets, as digital tuning is much better than trying to fine tune that station dial just right all the time. They list for 24 bucks at radioshack.com Catalog Number 1201849. For such a tiny radio it's impressive so far, as I just got it a few days ago. Also has a flexible antenna embedded into the wrist strap that I like because those old extendable metal antennas are pretty fragile. Never saw an antenna like that before but it works good.

Last edited by 22250rem; 08/19/20.