Originally Posted by jackmountain
I agree, heinous crimes against children is a sin. But what possible reason could there be for a higher power/God, to allow such sickening things to happen to such innocent victims? There's no way I can wrap my mind around it.
There's absolutely no reason that a God, could allow this to happen. Thus my dilemma.
Why did He allow it...? I don’t know. It’s a conundrum for LOTS of us...and for good reason. He allowed it, He had His reasons for doing so, and I sure as heck can’t discern it. Bad things happen to good people. Bad things happen to innocent children. He allowed horrible pain, suffering, and death to happen to the best possible person. He was without sin, and yet...He was tortured and executed. His ways are not my ways...and it would be folly for me to imagine such a thing. Although I want to know why...I don’t have to know why. He knows. And it’s His knowing that is overwhelming to me, it’s His knowing that is completely real to me. And I don’t want to be apart from Him just because I can’t grasp all of this. He can grasp it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.