673:
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's a bit less smoky for you folks up there and all else is as it should be for you.

Thanks for checking in, I appreciate it and as they say, "so far, so good" as the wind stayed away yesterday and last night so they made some progress.

Yesterday afternoon, a buddy dropped by with his buddy who was picking up a rifle I'd been working on for him. Anyway the guy with the rifle works for a local logging contractor and they were just kicked out of the bush the day before as it's too dry. However as of O-darkhundred this morning he'll be up on top of the Christie fire running skidder as they're contracted to do some fire break lines on the east side.

As well, we're still supposed to get some rain Friday too which wouldn't be a bad thing.

Indeed it'll make for some grand hunting in a few years. The area where the Garnet fire burned became fantastic sheep and deer habitat in a couple years and this should too. This Christie fire has actually burned into some of the regrowth of the Garnet so I'm told - reminding me yet again of how old I'm getting as I recall the Garnet like it was last year and really and truly it was not.... frown

All the best to you all sir and good luck on your hunts this fall.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/20/20.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"