T Inman;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day's looking to be a good one in your part of the world and all else is where you'd prefer it to be.

For sure there's a few fires going on now and it's making things a tad sporty.

Just south of us in Washington the Palmer Fire was expanding and it appears was 17 square miles at last report. I'm not sure if we had any Canucks down there fighting it or not, quite often the air crews will cross borders when asked to do so.

As you mentioned, fire is something we either accept out here or we'll need to relocate as they're a fact of life in summer.

While I've done as much fire mitigation pruning as possible on much of the area around the house and buildings, our terrain and physical size of the property mean that it's not all done and like as not never will be either, you know?

The one building which was lost in the local fire thus far was reported to have cedar shakes on it and while I "get" why folks like the look of cedar shakes, there's no way one could convince me to have them where our house is. We've also got stucco siding as well as fire resistant shingles, so that would help, but if one of the big Ponderosa Pines near the house gets going and falls into the house that'd be it.

Some of the neighbors have logged far enough around their houses to prevent that and I take their point, but part of why we like to live in the trees is the trees.....

Thanks for checking in sir, all the best to you and have a good fall.

Dwayne

PS;
If for whatever reason you're having an issue getting a Hi-Viz Delrin follower for that lovely 97, shoot me a PM as I happened to find a couple of them as I've been cleaning up my shop! Apparently I ordered "a few" things and put them in a "safe place" underneath some other stuff...... ugh. blush

Anyways I have a couple different types if you need and can't find that I'd be happy to stuff in the mail for you sir.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"