I killed two big Bull elk with 140g Nosler Ballistic tips with the 7 Mag at 3250, first run of the ballistic tips. You would not believe how fast those big bulls died with behind the shoulder shots. Bullets did not penetrate both sides. One bull hit the ground and never kicked, shot on a dead run, slightly quartering broadside shot. The other bull was also on the run on a broadside shot behind the leg, and he kicked one real leg twice. Both were between 150-200 yards.

In the area I was hunting in, we saw elk hanging that had been shot with 270 Win shot with 150g Core locts, and 30/06's with 180g Core locts. They laughed at me shooting a 7 Mag which they called a cannon.

Cheapest part of the hunt is the bullet.

I have an old friend that hunts that area and all he uses is a 7 Mag with 120g TSX, says he has never found a bullet. This guy has probably killed 200 elk in his life if not more as he has hunted Az, Co, and NM, Mule man to boot. When he was shooting cup and core bullets, he shot the 175g Rem core loct in 7 Mag. He has a 16 Hand tall mule that is the color of Elk.