Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
I found one made in 1992. It is a 270 win and sold for $1,000.00 on 8-2-20. In like new condition with box and paperwork. A 1991 supergrade would be worth a little more money to a true collector, but how much more is it worth to you? To me, not much more really...

A custom shop 270?
As you well know, “like new” and NIB with provenance are VASTLY different things - especially with regard to the New Haven CS guns.
I’m curious - what constitutes a “true collector” ?

Someone who really gives a chidt about the prominence of the classic model 70. IF the op is, and IF he can find someone else that is when its time to sell it, then its worth buying. In all likelihood, it's going to be a hard sell. For me, I buy cheap and sell high. As with most classic model 70's I've seen lately, they have been selling low. You can buy your custom shop model 70, hang on to it until you die and then expect your loved ones to sell dirt cheap. Not really how I roll.. You on the other hand, be my guest... You would buy it "sight unseen" for $1,500.00. Then when/if you ever wanted to sell it, you lose money. Not an economics major, were you?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA