Our '18 Highlander has a system that uses bluetooth to connect to your cell phone so you can make and receive calls hands free. Idaho has a new hands free law so I hooked up the phone to the car to see how it works. It works fine. It was easy to connect and very easy to use while driving. A single button push answers the phone and if you get a text, it reads it to you.
The problem is getting UNHOOKED from it. It grabs my phone and won't let go. All calls when I'm not in the car go to the car, not my phone. I haven't found an easy way to walk away from the car and get my phone back. I found the bluetooth connections in the phone settings and disabled it for now but if I have to do that every time I leave the car, I won't be using that system much.
I haven't had time yet to dig through the manual to see if there's an easier and faster way.

BTW, I don't have a girl friend who might call when I'm driving with my wife in the car, but I can see that this system would have drawbacks for someone who does.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.