Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Well Boys I gotta saddle up and head down to Grand Isle to help a buddy get his stuff out of the ground level kitchen and upstairs to the main floor and close his shutters. He does have an elevator and what a wonderful machine that is.

I’ll latch on to his offshore fishing boat and he’ll grab his cargo trailer and back north to Gonzales we’ll go. Should get back home by tomorrow evening.

Then head right back down and over east to Breton Sound and help the friend who’s camp we stayed in the past two weeks while marsh fishing. Gotta get his ground level stuff moved upstairs to the main floor and he ain’t got no elevator, it’s still in the box from Harbor Freight. Close the shutters. Latch on to his boat and him onto his utility trailer and head back north to Mandeville.

Call the all of the above,,, ‘terms of endearment’ and payback.

Sounds like a good time, actually.

Well boys, I’m back from the front. Got everything done and moved out of both places and safely ensconced from Mother Nature.

Birdie, I can’t say that it wasn’t so much fun but it was interesting. Had one very close call in Thibodeaux, La. on Hwy 1. Fugger pulled right out in front of me while I’m pulling my podnah’s 36 foot Everglades with two 350 hp Yamahas on the back. Triple axle trailers with good brakes are just about priceless, I’ll tell y’all.

I just called another bud with a camp down on Lake Verret, Shell Beach side. We talked and got him thinking about his party barge and his lake skiff hanging under his boat shed. We’re going early in the morning to take care of those and lash his propane bottle to a cypress tree. If the present path of Miss Laura holds he’ll be in the northeast quadrant and just a few miles north of Morgan City, the Gulf and Lake Palourde. My buddy will get some wind and beau coup waters pushed in.

Looks like my deer lease bushogging, discing and fertilizing will be deferred. More terms of endearment and payback,

Gonna sit back tomorrow evening and let it rain. Hope you Texas Gents will farewell in this thing.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.