Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I played around with Longshot and got into the mid 1100s but the spread was way too wide. I then switched over to BE 86 and SD shrunk dramatically and was very consistent at 6g with cci550 and the 124 xtp at 1175 from a glock 19.

I pushed it a bit above max going for +p and went to 6.3g be86 for an avg speed of 1212 fps. Since 1212 is my birthday and phone number I considered it a good sign and stopped there. I loaded enough to take to the range to see how they group and function through 5 different 9mms. If they work well ill call it a load and start mass production. COAL was 1.075.

My long time favorite carry load was a speer 124 gold dot + p police load i got several boxes of years ago that clocked 1220 fps. I'm just trying to get close to that but with the xtp. I've found the xtp to expand a bit less but penetrate more. Should make a good all around load. Ive been pretty impressed with be86 do far. It meters well, its consistent, and has low flash.

For 40s and 10mms I still love longshot but be86 might be my new 9mm powder.

Bb

Very nice! I hope it works well in all five 9mms for you. I'm not surprised, because I've found the same with BE-86. Great powder for me so far, but I've only tried it in 9mm.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.