Originally Posted by Henryseale
I need some clarification: Do the various models of the Ruger Hawkeye rifle in .375 Ruger caliber have a total capacity of 3 or 4 rounds? That is 2 in the magazine plus 1 in the chamber for a total of 3 or 3 in the magazine plus 1 in the chamber for a total of 4. I have searched Ruger's website and they just state capacity as being 3 without elaboration. 2+1 just does not sound right. I'm thinking about a new rifle and really want something controlled round feed, seriously weather resistant, and in .375 Ruger caliber. I like the Winchester M-70 Extreme Weather version, but it does not come in .375 Ruger. Montana Rifle Company's offering was looking very interesting, but I've heard they have had some serious quality issues. They may not even be in business anymore, I'm not sure.
...........Montana Rifle Co is kaaa-puuut. May re-organize at some future date but who knows..... Winchester it appears will always chamber the more traditional older round like the 375 H&H and not deviate into a round like the 375 Ruger. Too bad imo. I guess they figure that the 375 H&H is all they need for Winchester rifle buyers who seek a 375. Savage chambers their 110 Bear Hunter in 375 Ruger but no controlled round feed. One of Savage's better looking rifles imo.

Looks like you either go with Ruger or go with a build to get a CRF action. Check with Gunbroker frequently to see if any 375 Ruger Montana rifles might be for sale.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger