I'm surprised that no one invoked the article Rick Jamison wrote comparing the 30-06 vs the 30-06 AI vs the 30 Gibb. I tried googling it to cross check my memory, but this is all I could find;

Rick Jamison tested a 30-06, 30-06AI and a 30 Gibbs to find out what the differences are. The article was published in February 2006 Shooting Times. When loaded to EQUAL pressures the AI averaged 66 FPS higher velocity than the 30-06. The 30 Gibbs averaged 104 FPS higher velocity than the 30-06.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5441455/Re_what_s_a_30_gibbs

Beyond the quote, what stuck out in my mind is that Jamison started with a 30-06 and reamed it out to an AI first then to a Gibb...all on the same barrel/rifle, removing the question of whether it was a fast barrel or not. He also was equipped with an Oehler PLB and measured pressures along the way, so it was truly an apples to apples comparison. I'm amazed that that article did not turn up more in my Google-Fu. ...maybe he is still persona non grata in the shooting world.

Advice to the OP...while I'm prone to spout data and rational thought processes...this is not an area where I would say don't do it because the logic doesn't support it. If you like the idea, you should absolutely pursue it (and write more about it here...so I can live vicariously through your experience!)