Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Aint runnin' a shop - just wanna wrench on the new Harley. 3/8" drive, 10-80 or 100 ft. lbs. would do all I have the interest for.

I bought a $19.95 Pittsburgh unit from Harbor Freight, & returned it immediately. Then I returned its replacement immediately. I'm kinda insistent that products I purchase actually [intercoursing] WORK. mad

From spending time on Amazon, it looks like one's gotta get to $125 or so to have some reasonable assurance that the thing will work for a decent period of time. Is this true? Is it CDI, or bust? Anything less seems to be Tainwanese/Chinese, 30 or less tooth, deceased-brand (stanley, craftsman), non-clicking, poorly labeled, non-certified, disposable stuff. I suppose I could just use blue Loctite on everything and get "snug" with a regular wrench.

What sayeth the peanut gallery, apart from, "[Whatever you just recommended] SUCKS!"?

Thanks,

FC

You answered your own question. When you need a torque wrench you need to do it right. For motorcycles at the low end fork tubes. Wheel lug nuts at the high end. Both are critical safety items. Just go with Snap-On