What’s is yurns friggin obsession with firewood is.
Y’all know there are things such as electricity, then central heating and air things, gas and so on and so forth?
I grew up with a wood stove and still have a wood stove on one end of the house and gas on the other end. I like wood heating and for some reason kinda enjoy cutting it. But lets face it it is a pain in the ass. Fell the tree if it’s not down already, Cut it , pile it, load it, unload it, split it, stack it,make kinlin, load it in wheel barrow or 4 wheeler trailer, bring it in the house, put in stove, start fire, keep fire stoked up however many times a day while at then same time adding more wood during the day and night. Keep mess cleaned up and swept up around stove, load ashes in bucket every so often carry outside somewhere, and dump, get gas and oil for chainsaw, mix chainsaw gas and oil, maintain saw/keep maintenance up on chainsaw, keep fuggin chain sharp,
Whole fuggin house smells like wood, clothes smell like wood, go out in a date, guess what your clothes smell like wood, everything smells like wood. Leave house for a few hours or have too be gone for the day for work or whatever reason then you come house colder than heck, hope like heck you at least have enough coals left so you don’t have too start a whole new blankety blank fire again. Oh yes wood heat is so great 🙄🙄
All that being said I still enjoy wood heat with a good roaring fire or a nice fireplace. Yes it’s good as backup or too burn sometimes. But let’s be truthful it’s a fuggin pain in the ass.

Man! If I had all those hassles, I too would give up on wood. Life is much easier with my stove, equipment, and storage all within a few steps, and I've never had anyone comment on a wood or smoke oder in our home or on our persons. If I load our stove up, we can leave for 48 hours and still have fire on the return. Dump ashes and clean chimney once a year. We also have an oil stove and electric furnace if we want to exit for a month, but wood does the bulk of our heating in a 2,400 sq ft two story home. Usually burn here from Oct to first or second week of June.

Last edited by 1minute; 09/07/20.

1Minute