Originally Posted by wyo1895
Rory, it doesn't have the double diamond checkering. The serial # is 11160xx, it has the lightweight barrel with the raised boss for the rear sight, excellent straight grained walnut stock and a steel buttplate. It looks like the higher quality F's and DL's that were produced at that time. It's a nice looking rifle as opposed to the 99C's that were made a few years later. It shows almost no bluing wear, some case fading and no marks on the wood. I want $800 plus shipping in a hard case which will probably be about $60-$80. Let me know if you want photos.
Squeeler. The front sight on the barrel of the 99G looks like the last style of lightweight barrel sight which was discontinued about 1925/1926. I would want to see the barrel address. The serial # is either 33xxxx (1931) or 38xxx (1938 or 39). Neither of which should have the light weight barrel. It could be the earliest medium weight barrel which had a similar sight but that sight was only on the rifles produced about 1926/27. But then with Savage never say never. See page 68 of my book for a photo showing the various early sights.

You still looking to sell the 308C David??