Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Yeah, but your the one who is going to bend over and take it near the wallet to get what you want, monetarily anyway. That's pretty gay anyway just to keep smiling. MB

I got money.

That's a good place to be! If you already have the rifle, I don't think a re-barrel is going to break the bank, even if you have a Name Brand smith do the work. If you've got access to the tools, you might consider doing the swap yourself, per:

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
I'm going to do this same thing with one of my stainless Tikkas in 270 or 30-06. I'm going to get a McGowen prefit barrel, maybe a Proof barrel, in 280 Ackley. I'm not with the group suggesting the McMillan; but, to each their own. There are a lot of companies now making pre-fit barrels for the Tikka action.

I didn't realize prefits would work on the Tikka action. I'll have to look into how they headspace.

I've been researching this recently and, apparently, they are quite easy. Supposedly, they are quite easy for do-it-yourselfers to do. It is my understanding all of the tolerances necessary are quite good with the Tikka actions. I'm only relaying what I have discovered recently based on my online research. I'm not trying to assert something about which I am personally knowledgable. It's got my interest enough to continue my quest.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.