I have only owned 2 bolt action Browning rifles besides a couple of BLR's. The first is a 7mm-08 micro medallion that I bought for my son when he was 9. He still uses it on occasion and he is 23. I bought it used and never did a thing to it. It shoots around 1 MOA with my handload of 45 grs of Varget and the 120 gr NBT. We have taken it out to 550 yards and shot steel plates with it. That 20" barrel and wood stock will turn heads at that range.

My other Browning bolt action is a Hells Canyon McMillan long range X Bolt in 6.5 Creedmoor. The only thing I did to it was put a Timney trigger in it. It will easily shoot 1/2 to 3/4 MOA. The first day I brought it to the range I shot steel at 550 yards with Hornady factory 143 gr ELDx's.

There does not seem to be much love on the fire for Browning rifles. Is it because barrels are hard to replace (so I am told)? Is the bolt/trigger/receiver of faulty design?

I would buy another one without hesitation, but what are YOUR experiences with them?

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb