I can't comment on the functionality of Browning rifles because I could never get past their fugliness and the price. These are purely personal observations, but I would have to carry it! You don't see many around my neck of the woods. Most of the people called them girly man rifles because of the trigger, so I suppose, for that reason, sales were doomed around here.

I remember looking for a bolt action 22 Hornet many years ago, but the pickings were lean. I saw an ad at the LGS. They were having a Browning sale and had 2 Hornets! I was excited, until I saw their Browning display. I understood what the others meant when they talked about their looks. The stocks looked clunky and very shiny, as if they were made of glass or porcelain. They looked glitzy. Today, I would label them as 'meterosexy'. Just not personally appealing, because of the gold trigger, black forend tips and the "sale" price tags, I passed.

For me, it was the look and higher price. I realize they changed the look of them over time. I am sure they shoot fine, or else they wouldn't be making them.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]