Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I carry a DW 10mm commander in the woods often. Usually in a Galco pancake style holster. The pancake style works surprisingly well under a pack hip belt. The hip belt actually helps hold the holster in place. Second choice would be a Miami classic style shoulder holster. I can't stand the chest rigs, they almost create a clausterphobic feeling for me, and you can't use the chest strap on the backpack with them either. The leg holster...you go right ahead SWAT guy. I tried and learned that lesson 20 years ago. No way would I walk 100 yards with one of those dangling, flopping around on my thigh, creeping up and cinching the twins.

Originally Posted by Mountain10mm
I carry a DW 10mm commander in the woods often. Usually in a Galco pancake style holster. The pancake style works surprisingly well under a pack hip belt. The hip belt actually helps hold the holster in place. Second choice would be a Miami classic style shoulder holster. I can't stand the chest rigs, they almost create a clausterphobic feeling for me, and you can't use the chest strap on the backpack with them either. The leg holster...you go right ahead SWAT guy. I tried and learned that lesson 20 years ago. No way would I walk 100 yards with one of those dangling, flopping around on my thigh, creeping up and cinching the twins.

^^^This^^^

A pancake holster works well with a commander 1911.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~