Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by keith
Bugger, you need to stick with one bullet, work up a load instead of trying to hit a home run by just picking a load. Your method is helter skelter at BEST.

If you need help, let me know.

I fully disagree with your analysis. Unless you have a favorite load I don't need your help on anything else. Thank you very much.

I have tried these few loads as a start. Thursday I started shooting rifles early in the morning and didn't take a lunch break until 3:00 in the afternoon. I went back out after lunch and shot until dark. I keep all my targets and record results. If I were to only shoot one rifle and work with one bullet there wouldn't be enough days in the shooting season.

In the evening I analyze and I modify loads. I will often take out 5 or 6 rifles with multiple loads each - a couple days ago it was 8 rifles. I record what works and what does not. Today, it is raining and I am spending time at the reloading bench working with modified loads, sometimes different powders, sometimes different charges.

Those loads I tried with the 280 AI were my first trials with the ABLR's. I have some loads I've tried in the past that I would not call "long range loads" that shot very well. I was not pleased with these first ABLR loads! But I built that rifle for a specific reason. That reason is long range coyotes, nothing else. My reason for asking is to find out what works well for others - hopefully will save time and energy.

You are trying to save time and energy but what you are doing is wasting time and energy with your approach.

My .280 Ackley is very accurate with a near max load of H4831sc. Current load is a 168 Berger VLD at 2,820. 22" barrel.

Good luck in your quest.

I don't think you know what you are talking about.

Okie dokey. Think what you want and continue to waste time and components.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.