Last week I took my re-chambered .307 Win Marlin 336Y that John Boy painted for me to the range. Had to zero the Leupold Red Dot Sight. Fun as all heck to hear the bark from that 16 1/4" barrel! Plus, it put two Speer 150 grain FNs through the same hole at 50 yards. That's my swamp/thick cover rifle.

Last night I loaded some .358 Win necked up LC brass with 200 grain R-P Cor-Lokt PSP over IMR-3031. They'll be the first rounds down the barrel of the re-barreled S&W 1500 I "stole" off GB a month ago. I sent the bolt out to Tulsa for the Howa bolt recall. It's back and I'm good to go for the range. I'll mount a Burris Four X 1.5-6x42 with illuminated reticle on it this week. If it shoots well, it will be my hardwood ridge rifle.

Then there's the Remington 750 in .243 Win that is also a newcomer. I put a Leupold VX-3i 2.5-8x36 on it in some Burris Zee rings. It will go to the range, but will probably have to fight it out for time in the woods. My gunsmith tells me the 750s have feeding issues. I'm not gonna chance it until it gets some good range time.

So I got them going for me, which is nice....

"Keep your mouth shut, work hard. Life is tough. Work through it.” -- Stetson Bennett, Quarterback, Georgia Bulldogs