Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Remsen
I've seriously damaged every truck I've owned (never in an accident, just by running them hard), but I had one of the original Raptors with the 5.4 and couldn't break it. This was after cracking the frame on a Dodge pickup by not slowing down enough to jump over ditches in a corn field, so from that perspective it was pretty much indestructible. The problem with it was that I lived in California at the time, in the SF Bay Area, and it was a real pain to drive around town, so I got rid of it for a more practical car in that environment (a VW Golf/Rabbit).

As much as I'd like one now that I live in MT, my current F150 (just an XLT, not a Raptor) does everything I ask of it and doesn't make me look like a guy who just finished his first year working at 7/11.

Thanks Remsen.
I thought some of the early Raptors had the 6.2 liter.

My interest is in the 3.5 and hoping someone can comment. My nearest neighbor has one but it’s brand new with no appreciable miles on it.

I think the 6.2 replaced the 5.4 after the first year or so, when Raptor sales went nuts and people were (rightfully) complaining that a high performance truck should have something better than a fleet engine (or something like that).

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.