Did the appendix thing in December 2017. Good thing it hit before I got on the plane, doc said I likely would not have made it. WTF.

Anyways, small incisions, you'll wake up with a drainage bag sewn into your gut. Pain will be gone. You'll be high as a kite for about 2 days. Get up and walk as soon as possible. Your intestines shut down due to the procedure and walking together with gravity will get them working again. Your first run to the chitter don't be embarrassed if you don't make it to the toilet seat before things start working.

I had complications. Apparently my gut grows a rare strain of e. coli so I got an e.coli infection that had the power of MRSA. I was in for 6 days. The antibiotics from the e. coli infection led to a c. diff infection so I had to get a PICC line installed and go to the hospital once a day for outpatient IV therapy for the c. diff drugs. That said, none of it was really painful and I was off the opioids 24-36 hours after the procedure.

Do expect to be very tired. I remember going to the hospital for the first day of outpatient IV therapy and not making it to the IV therapy room before needing a break from walking. I was 34 at the time. The first time you eat solid food will probably put you on the docket for a nap.

That's my experience, FWIW.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"