wheeler, I'll throw this out there simply as a thought. If you don't like it you may tell me to go pound sand. Is there a reason you don't want to just use BP? Reason I ask is I have a BP proofed drilling and combination gun and what I did and, rather enjoy, is buy some brass Mag-Tech hulls and load BP with the traditional wad column. The classic 1 oz., 2 1/2 dram 16 bore load gives up very little to smokeless loads, IMO. Given how easy smoothbores are to clean after BP use I never pursued anything else for those two guns. Only difficulty I ever had was doubles at the two sporting clays matches I participated in. Given my pretty much complete lack of skill with a shotgun I was there mostly to provide comic relief anyway. A fellow shooter commented, "you don't shoot too bad, if you could see the second bird." It was spring time in the Ozarks, pretty humid down there in the woods with no breeze.....you can imagine the results.

NRA Benefactor 2008

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." John 14-6

There is no right way to do a wrong thing