Originally Posted by hatari
Kroger is chain that I once thought highly of, but have lost my esteem for them over stuff like this.

I know a family who has a young adult daughter daughter with Asperger's. Pleasant, highly intelligent and capable, she got a job last year at Kroger. Requested only that she not be scheduled before noon on Sunday's so she could attend church, which she did each week. People with Asperger's tend town/need routine. Can you guess when she got scheduled? Every Sunday. If she was scheduled 16 hours for the week, 8 of them would be Sunday. After a month, she spoke to her supervisor and asked once again. She was available any other day and morning. Net 2 week schedule came out and she was scheduled only on Sundays!

If she'd had worn a burqa, she could get any day off, and extra time to pray to Mecca if requested.

She simply quit, which I suspect was the intention of the store and supervisor. Grocery stores often hire Special Needs kids or those with disabilities, and some managers don't have the compassion to work with them. The family could have dragged them to court over this one, but chose not to.

SMITH'S out west is just a Kroger chain by another name.

TV has become nothing more than the Petri dish where this country grows its idiots.