Originally Posted by simonkenton7
I caught five minutes of the intro to NFL on Sunday, by accident. I turned on the tv at 12:30 and it happened to be on CBS. There was Phil Sims, talking to some black NFL player.

Phil was an outstanding QB for NY Giants in the eighties and since then has been an NFL announcer. I have watched him play, dozens of times, and I have watched him many, many times as an announcer.
But yesterday, Phil was pandering to Black Lives Matter. He said that all his life he had ignored the terrible racism in America. He said that this black player, who he was talking to, that his white team mates were lucky to have him to explain to them what a nightmare it is to be black today in America.

They agreed that a few months back, it was George Floyd murdered by racist cops, but tomorrow it could be any black NFL player who gets murdered by cops. As though, there is a rash of football players being shot. [There has never been an active duty black NFL player shot by cops.]
And Phil apologized again for just not understanding how scary it is to be a black NFL player today.

I watched five minutes and changed the channel just before I was going to throw up. It was bizarre to see some illiterate black guy who barely has a high school education, and who is making $9 million a year to catch a football, to be moaning about how terrible he has it today in America.

Five years ago, ten years ago, when I used to watch the NFL a lot, Phil Sims was not talking any of this BS about systemic racism in America. Evidently the word is out to all NFL announcers, they must pander to BLM, or they will be out of a job.

How can that be, NBA and MLB take em right out of High School, but not the NFL so he had to have at least 3-4 years of college and probably from USC or Notre Dame. Must be that they are to racist to teach anything other than “Get me the ball, I need the ball.“ 😃

Swifty