Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by Ranger99
Although 2 of my saws came with molded
plastic cases, whenever I get through with
one I pour the unused gas and bar oil back
into their respective containers.
I didn't think I was the only one that did that,
but I guess I am

I haven't owned a chainsaw for over 30 years. Now I live in a hilly mountain property with dense forest, and a log cabin with 4-foot+ old stone fireplace and several other wood stoves to boot, so I'm about to get one. We had to widen the 300 foot+ driveway to satisfy fire regs, so the worker had to cur a few trees down and left all the wood in four foot lengths alongside the gravel drive. I do have a truck, wheelbarrow and light four wheel cart to move it around.

Stihl products are all now made in the USA, which is appealing to me, and the very close local hardware store is a Stihl dealer–and stock parts. I'm thinking that that's the way to go, right?

Tractor Supply, ten miles away, has Husqvarna products. Walmart near it, has some cheaper brand likely made in China. Not being as active as I used to be, to put to mildly, I figure maybe a 170 or so would work (?) Most of the loose wood is 4-6 inches diameter or less but up the hill by the spring and rock pond are stacked logs up tp 20 inches dia. that I'd likely hire sometime with a gas engine splitter to handle.

Norm
Either brand will work. I've owned both. There is little difference. Right now I've got three saws, a Stihl, a Dolmar and a Homelite.