Originally Posted by WYcoyote
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
It had about 1% tracking error

Seriously?

uh YES. the scope is not a dialing scope, its got capped turrets, 1% is better than half the SWFA SS scopes I have tested, its about equal to a 10x bushnell elite I tested, The scope is repeatable and returns to zero every time. There is NO WAY and I mean no way in practical use this amount of error would be detectable given the scope will never be used cranking its turrets for long range. the capped turrets aren't even marked for the 20 MOA I tested them. to give you an idea of how small of an error this is 20 MOA is about what it takes to shoot to 1000 yards give or take on the combo. about 1/4moa This is one click of error. for what its worth 20 fps of speed difference in your chronograph vs actual will create twice that amount of deviation.

1% of error I am fine with. 2% or more is no bueno. but even those are standards I hold to scopes I intend to dial long range with. They have a turret that is designed for external adjustment. not for sight in like this 3-12 is. The 4-16 v4 which is designed for dialing had spot on tracking with NO error. either way I have complete confidence in these v4's until proven wrong, buy without worries.