Originally Posted by Jpterry
Originally Posted by Tarkio
Originally Posted by Jpterry
Barrett made 7-08 in FC but they are pretty rare and hard to find. A SS Model 7 in 7-08 would be a good choice too.

I think I have owned 2 different model sevens. Not really pleased with either of them. Kimber has it's issues, but based on my experience with those 2 sevens, I am unlikely to try again.

Gotcha... I've always had a great results with my 7s and there's a good thread on them in Hunting Rifles. But understand bad experience. I've only owned ones from 90s and early 2000s... Not any of the newer Rems. 7-08 is awesome next step for your son and all he will ever need for deer.

I have 3 Model Seven 1 stainless synthetic from late 90’s that shoots very very well, 1 mid 90’s KS and it shoots anything I feed it very well (both of those 7-08) an MS in 308 that I’m blown away by how well it shoots. I also had a KS in 350 RM that was unreal as well. The only 7 I ever had that I didn’t like the performance was a CDL in 260. Baseball size groups at 100. I sent it down the road. I say try to find an earlier model and see how it goes. They are a perfect size for packing and general hunting use.

Regards,
Nick- Georgia