Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Bought a new one a couple of months ago. Regassed it and installed a buffer. Accuracy is plenty for its purpose, and I'm planning on spending any time trying to tweak it into something it's not designed to be. With 5-round mags, it carries very nicely, not M1 Carbine nice, but still very handy.

I initially thought it was just like everybody says, a scattergun, but turned out the problem was the scope couldn't hold zero while being whacked every shot by the operating rod slamming into the receiver. Replaced the rings with the rail, mounted a SS 6x42, and it settled down. Once that was settled, It was replaced with a PA 1x reflex. Will check later to see if one of my lasers will fit in front of that.

Only reliabilty issues occurred while testing different gas ports. The .045 is dead reliable so far, while taming the tendancy to toss brass over the moon, and reducing the dented cases. As to accuracy, 2" will hit anything I need to with this rifle, especially with the "compromised" optic I'm using. Funny how many seem to overlook the accuracy issues of the sainted AK and other rifles, but zero in on the Mini for that, while also ignoring the improvements that have been made. Only minor gripe with the design is that 5-rounders are a bit tricky to insert. The 30s are fine. I much prefer the M1-type bolt handle to the AR's charging handle.

A big plus for me is that it carries just like any other sporting rifle with the 5-rounders in place. If my season goes well, this one may make it into the rotation for some doe shooting.

guys put a 1911 buffer over the return spring where it goes into the hole in the mag well. absorbs some of the shock. along with the smaller port it will be better. guys make me laugh when they say a 1x4 or 1x6 scope they would take into combat when mini 14's and the Scar rifles were eating scopes. ghost ring sites for me

Peep or open irons for me.....

I was very accurate shooting em with the m14.....

The happy switch was fun.........