Grandpa was a Standard Oil (Amoco) bulk dealer for 30+yrs. He had a 25x50 steel building with a gravel floor. The dust in that building smells different than gravel dust out on a gravel road. I could be kidnapped and blindfolded and if I ever ended up in that building, I'd know exactly where I was just by the smell.

My dad bought a 1937 Chevy 2-door Coupe. While I was in Jr. High in the mid-80's we completed the 3rd restoration of the car. There is a smell when you get close or into the car. Unburned fuel in the exhaust system, throw in a little bit of 'Ode de Gear-Lube", and the faint smell of Grandpa's steel building gravel where the car sat for ~7-8yrs between restoration 2 and 3.

Field dressing/cleaning Sharptail or Ruffed grouse as well as the emanations of anyone involved for the next 2-3 days. #Grousefarts

Elk have a smell all their own, sort of a mix of "horse and juniper".

Pre-DPF diesel exhaust. Neighbor in the campground removed the DPF system on his pickup and I stopped by to ask him about it as I have the same truck/motor. HIs wife asked, "How did you know it's been worked on?" I told her, "I can smell it and hear it."

The smell of a mid-summer warm weather storm coming when the temp very quickly drops 10+ degrees and it "smells like rain" just before the rain starts

AA452 Winchester powder smoke.

Last edited by horse1; 09/24/20.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.