I shall try that recommended Lee mould and make certain my alloy is soft. Im also really close to Buffalo Arms so supplies would be a short distance to ship. Thanks again.

My rifle is in decent condition considering age and the type of blackpowder arm it is. I checked the serial number and it came up to Sept-Oct of 1883 as near as I can tell. It has an breech trapdoor marked model of 1873 yet the sight is an 1884 Buffington type of sight. I know its a possibility the trapdoor may have been replaced or maybe the sight was added later, i don't know for certain. One thing I do wonder is if this rifle may have been a possible transition because the date of manufacture is really close to 1884 but im just a novice of all things trapdoor. I do know of the lock or tumbler has the 3 notches or positions of the laterb1884 rifles.

Its fun to hold it and wonder just what kind of history it has. I have an old 1863 Sharps 45-70 conversion that I wonder the same. Where did these things live and what were they involved in.