Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by efw
I think maybe you’re thinking of Birdsong’s Black T?

Cerakote was big for a while but it’s popularity wore off as quickly as the illusion of its durability did which is to say not long. It scratches and chips.

I have just recently had a rifle finished in Black T and it looks great but hasn’t seen enough use to know whether it’s a big improvement over cerakote. I would like to try Nitride linked in the post above.

One other to keep in mind, particularly if you’d like to roughly imitate the look of brushed SS, is Mahovsky’s Metalife which is a plating rather than a coating so it molecularly bonds to the surface of the steel. I had one rifle so finished but sold it before durability came into play.

I have a friend that has an old 700 AWR with teflon. Not sure if it was done by Birdsong but it looks a lot better then any Cerakote rifle I have seen in a while.

Before Ceracoat I had a few teflon jobs done. They sucked badly. One failed at the muzzle (flinging chips of finish) the first time it was fired.

Ceracoat is significantly better, but not worth the money, IMO&E.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.