Adimssion, 'my stripes' from more than half-century gun collecting rather than 'up to minute' valuation info.

Such context the Model 71 is historically a slow seller. They've never quite captured the full Winchester 'aura' upon which to capitalize. The solo 348 chambering, a lot to do with that. Single chambered guns, an uphill marketing battle. That as anything patterned after the 1886, potentially a great gun. Such, the 71... Yet, "potentially". Narrowly apprecaited as hobbled by chambering and Winchester marketing which in intro era was most focused on then 'new' Model 70. The .348 chambering; obsolite and realistically far more a collector gun than happily emerged handloader/ special.

I bought my first and only 71 about a dozen years ago. "Always intending..." but never the right gun at the right price at the right time. Finally, more 'biting the bullet' as happening on a quite nice 1937 vintate "long tang" model, all original of course. Paid 'not the right price' $1600 at that time. Now it perhaps achieving price/valuation parity! But no regrets. Good to own a superior specimen!

a.d... You have a nice rifle. Suggest not too quick to part!

Just my rambling take!
Best & Stay Safe!
Joh