Originally Posted by jfruser
Originally Posted by Remsen
I am a huge fan of ACB. She clerked for my favorite Supreme Court justice of all time (Scalia) and has demonstrated fidelity to the Constitution. She's not an activist judge and I think she'll be as good as Thomas and Alito have been. A brilliant, dedicated, moral woman with the right pedigree and philosophy. She'd be my choice for any Supreme Court vacancy, without regard to her gender.

I want a "conservative" activist judge who will use the same means for ends beneficial for my people the subversives have used for their people. Not to do so is analogous to following the rules of the marquess of queensbury while your opponent is gutting you with a knife.

Besides, rule of law is dead. All is power and "who, whom?"

A true conservative Justice couldn't be an activist as you describe. The core of conservatism is adherence to the Constitution as written, so bring the country back to the era of the Constitution's words directing the justices isn't activism, it's originalism. The left has to rely on activism because they're trying to make the Constitution mean something that it doesn't say and was never intended to say. All we have to do is wipe out the bad precedent of a "living, breathing Constitution" (the holy grail of activism), and like I said, that's not activism. That's restoration of the rule of law.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.