Originally Posted by blgoode
I was on the hunt for a more compact trail gun than some of my single actions. I didn’t want to loose the punch of a good hard cast bullet.

I came fo the conclusion that more compact had to be a 5 shot 3” j frame. This thing is a beauty to carry with you! At 28oz loaded it is hard to find anything to complain about.

I have the same gun but I don't consider it a trail gun. The only thing I'd shoot on the trail would be black bear. Growing up in a bear preserve, there were a [bleep] load of them. Every male in my family, besides me, has had to "D-L-P" at least one bear. .357 just doesn't have the horsepower for the job. Rather, on the trail, I carry a .44 magnum or .454 Casull. My 329PD is not as compact as the J frame but only weighs about 2 ounces more fully loaded .. and it packs one more cartridge. In the past I've also carried .45 Colt (Ruger-only loads) and a .41 magnum. My .357 use is limited to my morning walk .. it conceals nicely under an un-tucked flannel shirt. It is very good for that.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...