Originally Posted by NH K9
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
if I see a traffic stop take ten minutes there will be 4-6 cops cars there coming one at a time. that shows me there are to many cops with nothing to do. so a lot of them could be removed and not change anything for the people in towns or cities. like teachers sanitation road crews etc all these public service jobs get bloated with employees and budgets

I guess it's all about where you choose to live.
I 'd be lucky to get a second copper in less than 15 minutes for backup when a domestic went to schiit when I was still on nights (most of my career).
6 cops is 5 Towns' worth of staff around here most nights.

George

Sounds like our area.

13 Deputies (total, not per shift) serve a 4200 square mile county

Divide that by 3 shifts per day = 4 deputies at any given time. Or 1 deputy per 1000 sq miles. Of course, in town there is the city police, and we do have some CHP here, all will respond to an officer's request for assistance. But, it may take awhile depending on who is on duty and where they happen to be. If an officer is needed in the NE or SE corner of the county at one of the small communities out there, they better hope the officer is already on the other side of the 6300' pass and it's summer time. Otherwise, response time might be on the order of an hour +, not counted in minutes. If one wants to get to the little community in the SW corner of the county and wishes to take a paved road instead of USFS roads, one must leave our county, drive 20 or so miles through the neighboring county, then 10 miles back north to the little "town"

We do not have an excess of LE presence here, and most folks here kind of like it that way......................until one is in dire need. It might just be one of the reasons we here can get a CCW relatively easily for this State.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?